New episodes not showing up or show up way later than added

heula

heula

I have seen the last few days that not all new added tv show episodes are visible in Emby. The tv shows are added by Sickchill. 

Today I saw that the Equalizer 1x4 was added right away but Batwoman 2x5, The Blacklist 8x8, NCIS La 12x12, NCIS New Orleans 7x10, the walking dead 10x17 and a few more were visible much later than added by Sickchill.

What I still don't see is 911 Lonewolf 2x7 that was added at 1:30 pm today local time (the Netherlands)

I also noticed this with my TV recordings and those are recorded by Emby.

Realtime monitoring is enabled for all libraries.

When I don't see them in Emby , I don't see them in Kodi as well.

Emby for Synology version 4.6.0.29 beta

embyserver-63750259977.txt embyserver.txt

Edited by heula

heula
4 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi there, try running a library scan.

Than they will become visible, I know that but the question is why not with real time monitoring and why some do show up and others don't?

smoker2018

Found this also with some files.  When I checked the creation date of the files, they show a date in the past, like Jan 2, 2018

I had to change the "date added behaviour for new content" under "Library" - "advanced" to "date added" to "Use date added to library" for them to show up

Who ever is creating the files are using some old dates

I've been seeing this random behavior in the last few weeks too, and creation date doesn't seem to be the answer.

1. Full TV library scan done yesterday.

2. Added Prodigal Son, Season 2, Episode 7. 

3. Appears as added on Home Screen and Info Screen:

emby2.jpg.10aa466ce6144a5f4843e321d2356d95.jpgemby1.jpg.3deee5b2beccb08e6932bc567dd944f0.jpg

This is happening randomly with many different shows. Latest Kim's Convenience added just now, acting the same way as Prodigal Son above.

4. But missing under the Season Info

emby3.thumb.jpg.ad4132bd52555d0d692caf61f031136b.jpg

However, Resident (Episode 7) is showing correctly, also added today:

emby4.thumb.jpg.02c9217794be88f8b613f770df8a8665.jpg

Edit: Having investigated Prodigal Son, it seems that Season 1 episodes were not very well named. Having manually edited the episodes in Season 1 to the correct format, the 'missing' episode in Season 2 is now showing, as are the other episodes in other TV Shows. No library scan needed. 

Edited by kaj

• 2 weeks later...
heula

I did some testing today with Emby recording and seeing them in Kodi as an active recording.

First test was when Kodi was opened and the Emby next gen addon was active. I go to Emby guide and activated three random recordings. It took almost 2 minutes before they did show up in my Kodi widget and Emby next gen library. They showed up in the end.

Second test was when Kodi was closed. I activated two recordings and waited until they were visible in the Emby app as an active recording. Than I opened Kodi and waited until the next gen addon was activated and the refresh was finisht but after waiting for more than 5 minutes these two recordings never showed up in the Kodi widget and Emby next gen library. So I started a third recording while Kodi was open and after almost two minutes that recording did appear in the Kodi widget and Emby next gen library. So something is not going right here.

For those recordings that not became visible I need to do a manual Emby Library update in Kodi to get them visible. A restart of Kodi does not help.

Not sure if this is a server issue or next gen addon issue?

2021-03-14 09.51.47.jpg

2021-03-14 09.52.04.jpg

Capture_735.jpg

embyserver.txt hardware_detection-63751297257.txt kodi1.log kodi2.log kodi3.log

heula

Another issue I ran into yesterday was watching while recording. Sometimes we watch while recording and skip some commercials on the way, when we are at the point that the last commercial break is there and we are ready to go back to live TV again the Emby recording let's us think we can't scroll further so that is the end of the recording so far we think than. At this point we switch back to live tv and than we notice that we have already missed the first part after the commercial break.

We did sometimes the same thing when i still did my recordings with TVMosaic and that went very well every time. Why doesn't this work with Emby and are we missing something?

I hope I explained myself well enough because I understand that it might be difficulty to understand what I mean.

embyserver-63751210380.txt hardware_detection-63751124340.txt

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/14/2021 at 8:09 AM, heula said:

I did some testing today with Emby recording and seeing them in Kodi as an active recording.

First test was when Kodi was opened and the Emby next gen addon was active. I go to Emby guide and activated three random recordings. It took almost 2 minutes before they did show up in my Kodi widget and Emby next gen library. They showed up in the end.

Second test was when Kodi was closed. I activated two recordings and waited until they were visible in the Emby app as an active recording. Than I opened Kodi and waited until the next gen addon was activated and the refresh was finisht but after waiting for more than 5 minutes these two recordings never showed up in the Kodi widget and Emby next gen library. So I started a third recording while Kodi was open and after almost two minutes that recording did appear in the Kodi widget and Emby next gen library. So something is not going right here.

For those recordings that not became visible I need to do a manual Emby Library update in Kodi to get them visible. A restart of Kodi does not help.

Not sure if this is a server issue or next gen addon issue?

2021-03-14 09.51.47.jpg

2021-03-14 09.52.04.jpg

Capture_735.jpg

embyserver.txt 4.79 MB · 0 downloads hardware_detection-63751297257.txt 108.59 kB · 0 downloads kodi1.log 770.44 kB · 0 downloads kodi2.log 564.9 kB · 0 downloads kodi3.log 253.34 kB · 0 downloads

How quickly are they available in the web app?

On 3/14/2021 at 8:18 AM, heula said:

when we are at the point that the last commercial break is there and we are ready to go back to live TV again the Emby recording let's us think we can't scroll further so that is the end of the recording so far we think than.

embyserver-63751210380.txt 100.5 kB · 0 downloads hardware_detection-63751124340.txt 108.59 kB · 0 downloads

I think this is the part I'm not getting. Can you explain a little bit more? Thanks.

heula
9 hours ago, Luke said:

I think this is the part I'm not getting. Can you explain a little bit more? Thanks.

It is difficult to explain but I'll try again.

Sometimes I watch a TV show while it is being recorded. When I do that I can fast forward the commercial and at some point I am at the point that I can no longer fast forward and am therefore equal to the live TV broadcast.
When I switch to Live TV I see that I have missed a lot. When I was still recording with TVMosaic I sometimes did the same thing and then I didn't miss anything. When recording with Emby, why can't I fast forward to the actual end of the recording?

Hope this makes sense now.

heula
11 hours ago, Luke said:

How quickly are they available in the web app?

That takes about 20 to 30 seconds. What I see in Kodi at the top of the screen is progress bar that shows the Emby updates and it does show me on daily base multiple times all sorts of updates and that takes some time. When that process is finisht all new items do appear. Perhaps that process should be separated in two and should tv recordings have a priority above all other items?

Sometimes it is faster to go directly to the recordings folder in Kodi instead of waiting until this process is done.

3 hours ago, heula said:

That takes about 20 to 30 seconds. What I see in Kodi at the top of the screen is progress bar that shows the Emby updates and it does show me on daily base multiple times all sorts of updates and that takes some time. When that process is finisht all new items do appear. Perhaps that process should be separated in two and should tv recordings have a priority above all other items?

Sometimes it is faster to go directly to the recordings folder in Kodi instead of waiting until this process is done.

You're using Emby for Kodi or EmbyCon?

heula
35 minutes ago, Luke said:

You're using Emby for Kodi or EmbyCon?

Emby for Kodi next gen.

Ok it is a syncing add-on, so keep in mind you have to first wait those 20 or so seconds that it would take to show up in the web app, and then you have to wait additional time beyond that for the sync process to take place.

So the syncing creates an extra layer that needs to be accounted for.

@quickmic may have ideas on speeding this up, if possible.

heula
13 hours ago, Luke said:

Ok it is a syncing add-on, so keep in mind you have to first wait those 20 or so seconds that it would take to show up in the web app, and then you have to wait additional time beyond that for the sync process to take place.

So the syncing creates an extra layer that needs to be accounted for.

@quickmic may have ideas on speeding this up, if possible.

It takes about 2 minutes before it shows up in Kodi, if it shows up because it still doesn't always do that. From time to time I need to do a manual update because recorded Tv shows do not appear. Not when they are an active recording and not when the recording has finisht.

Right but at some point later it would, it's just not happening as quickly as you would like.

heula
5 minutes ago, Luke said:

Right but at some point later it would, it's just not happening as quickly as you would like.

If thinks can speed up that would be nice, if not I can live with that but not when items just not show up and a manual update is necessary.