Roll back from beta to stable version?

Go to solution Solved by Luke,

Hello,

I'm using beta version on shield TV from day one, but recently I reckons some troubles with a third-party plugin.

From their GitHub discours, the plugin works properly with the stable version but not the Beta one.

So I tried to roll back to stable version but failed. 

Any possibility to roll back without losing all the metadata? Because I have a lots self correct metadata, and I don't want to go through it once again.

Also thanks for your amazing work.

Happy2Play

Most of the time you may be able to but when there are database changes there won't be any easy way to roll back unless you have maintained a complete backup of your Emby data folder as it will have all the configs/db/metadata.

As for plugins there are some third party devs that will not update them as it can be a lot of work updating a plugin a dozen plus time in that beta cycle vs one time at version release.  So for us users that live on beta version it can be problemmatic.

26 minutes ago, Icxlo said:

So I tried to roll back to stable version but failed. 

At the same time what does this mean? 

5 hours ago, Happy2Play said:

Most of the time you may be able to but when there are database changes there won't be any easy way to roll back unless you have maintained a complete backup of your Emby data folder as it will have all the configs/db/metadata.

As for plugins there are some third party devs that will not update them as it can be a lot of work updating a plugin a dozen plus time in that beta cycle vs one time at version release.  So for us users that live on beta version it can be problemmatic.

At the same time what does this mean? 

I downloaded apk of the stable version, transfer it to the shield TV, tried to install it but the process can't be completed, error message installation failed that's it. 

• Solution
1 hour ago, Icxlo said:

I downloaded apk of the stable version, transfer it to the shield TV, tried to install it but the process can't be completed, error message installation failed that's it. 

That's probably a good thing that you couldn't install it at all. The 4.5 server will not know how to understand the 4.6 changes and that could cause any number of problems.