Anamorphic SD content not displayed correctly

PoBear

PoBear

Sorry if this has been asked before. I have searched the forum but the only posts that match my problem suggest that the issue was fixed several years ago.

I'm new to Emby Theater but not to Emby.

I'm playing anamorphic SD files with a resolution of 544x576 which are being shown at their native resolution, none of the aspect ratio options in the player change the display to full screen. Theater is showing the aspect ratio as 16:9. I've tested multiple files and all have the same problem.

Files that are 720x576 appear to display OK although I have only tested a couple of videos.

Any ideas? Happy to provide screen shots or examples if needed.

I'm running Windows 10 and Theater was downloaded from the Windows Store.

Maisy

For most of my SD content I run it through handbrake and remove the all the black bars and use whatever other settings I want to make it play as nicely as possible in Emby anywhere, like on my 4:3  aspect ratio tablet, for instance 4:3 with no black bars is Full Screen Beautiful with no further intervention of settings there.

You could also open such files in mkvtoolnix and set the actual aspect ratio, remux then. 

I like to take all my SD content though and re-encode it to minimize problems playing no matter what the device. H.264.

I don't like the tiny picture inside 4 black bars, and don't think anyone does. With some content changing the display mode to "cover" will work, but I really think it's best to re-encode and remove black bars for the media to play easy everywhere.

PoBear

Maisy

Thank you for your reply but I am afraid this is not the problem, the videos do not have any black bars, Theater is introducing them because it is not displaying the video full screen and I cannot adjust it so that it does.

PoBear

I've installed the desktop version directly from Emby and the videos are playing properly so the issue appears to just be with the Windows Store version.

Thanks for the feedback. It could be an issue with the windows video player that the store version is using.