Refresh metadata stopped working

Coert000

Coert000

I can use some help with Refresh Metadata on my libraries. 

Since I installed Emby a week ago, it worked like a charm.  Today I installed the People backup/restore plugin and the Refresh Metadata stopped working.  I have the library set to use .nfo file, but none appear.  The only thing that I notice are error reports in the log as show below

Synology 216j (DSM 6.1.7-15284 Update 3) and the stable release of Emby (4.5.4.0-6)

2021-02-25 16:49:16.215 Error App: ArgumentException parsing message
    *** Error Report ***
    Version: 4.5.4.0
    Command line: /volume1/@appstore/EmbyServer/system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /volume1/Emby -ffdetect /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/bin/ffprobe -nolocalportconfig -ignore_vaapi_enabled_flag -updatepackage emby-server-synology_{version}_armv7.spk -noautorunwebapp
    Operating system: Linux version 3.10.102 (root@build4) (gcc version 4.9.3 20150311 (prerelease) (crosstool-NG 1.20.0) ) #15284 SMP Sat May 19 04:49:34 CST 2018
    Framework: .NET Core 3.1.8
    OS/Process: arm/arm
    Runtime: volume1/@appstore/EmbyServer/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
    Processor count: 2
    Data path: /volume1/Emby
    Application path: /volume1/@appstore/EmbyServer/system
    System.ArgumentException: System.ArgumentException: data is not a valid request, it does not contain any CRLF/LF terminators. (Parameter 'data')
       at Rssdp.HttpParserBase`1.Parse(T message, HttpHeaders headers, ReadOnlySpan`1 data)
       at Rssdp.HttpRequestParser.Parse(ReadOnlySpan`1 data)
       at Rssdp.SsdpCommunicationsServer.ProcessMessage(ReadOnlySpan`1 data, IPEndPoint remoteEndpoint, IPAddress receivedOnLocalIpAddress)
    Source: RSSDP
    TargetSite: Void Parse(T, System.Net.Http.Headers.HttpHeaders, System.ReadOnlySpan`1[System.Char])

Thanks
/c

Hi there, please attach the complete emby server log.

Additionally, please provide some discussion of an example. thanks.

Coert000

Thanks for the reply @Luke.  

I noticed that nfo files were not written when the metadata was refreshed.  This gave me the impression that metadata was not being refreshed at all.

Reinstalling the Emby server didn't help.  I tried re-adding the media library, but still no luck.  Finally, the The "permission denied" in the log pointed me in the right direction.  I noticed a difference in permission between the Linux-based host file system and its SMB file sharing that uses Windows ACL permissions.  I now see the nfo files appearing.

I am still in the dark about all the " *** Error Report ***" entries in the log.  I tried running the command from a shell, but it seems like should runs in a .net container or so.

I attached the log you asked for.

embyserver.txt

Yes the system is trying to save the nfo files but being denied write access by your file system:

System.UnauthorizedAccessException: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path "/volume1/audio/Compilations/80s/album.nfo" is denied.

So resolve that and I think you'll be good to go after that.

Coert000

Thanks. Yes, it seems to have a good go at it.

What about the other error reports from ffprobe?  I suspect it might be related to UTF-8 file names or so.  Or just let it go?

That's actually from the Dlna feature. Can you temporarily enable debug logging under the server debug logs section, as well as dlna debug logging under the dlna settings? Then maybe we can find out which device on your network is sending messages across the network to cause that. thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
Coert000

The DLNA was right on.  I still had Plex running advertising over DLNA.  Since I disabled Plex, I no longer see the error messages.

Thanks!