Emby fails to run on ARM7 DS1817

Jak8

I recently acquired a DS1817 which unfortunately has an Arm7 CPU.  I have used Emby for a long time on a Windows PC so liking it decided to load it on the Synology nas but it has been a constant pain. If it loads, which is very iffy and only possible via Emby's own spk from their own site the app more oftwn than not refuses to run.  Glad I didn't purchase the premium option.  I suppose these problems explain why Synology no longer offers the package. Nor is it available via the community.

Can anyone offer advice if they have managed to mount and run it on an Arm7 unit?

My primary server is a DS218j with ARM V7.

I'm running the current release of Emby with no issues.

I don't ever ask the Synology to transcode anything but audio though.

Hi there, what spk did you install? Can you please attach the emby server log from when you experience this? Thanks !

Hi Luke, Roaku

I have tried two versions and had problems with both.  My latest attempt was with -ApplicationVersion":"4.6.0.28","VersionType":"Beta","ReleaseCode":"67ee1ca8a0e6469d8406e17fc104. - and I experienced major problems with gaining access rights to the app particularly via the firefox url.  My access problems were such that I created a specific user profile speciifcally for Emby which eased but by no means overcame the problem and even ignoring the access issues the app would start briefly and then appear to stall. I accept I did not persue the issue in an interrogative manner to analyse log in part I beleive until I created the specific usser I was unable to gain access - I recall but I may be wrong on that latter point.

As I have said I have over a few months tried sevral times. If the latest app functiions I will try it again.  I don't particularly need it to playback as I still have Emby mounted on Win10 intel pc/media player which I like but I am hesitant to go premium - a) on cost and b) on questions about performance and long term lifespan.

I can access the logs now and will think about reloading  with latest app and see how that goes but anticipate I will still have major issues with access rights as it is an ongoing problem with my setup complicated by the fact the unit is not https cerificated yet.

I've had success with the stable release versions. I haven't tried any of the betas on my Synology.

23 hours ago, roaku said:

My primary server is a DS218j with ARM V7.

I'm running the current release of Emby with no issues.

I don't ever ask the Synology to transcode anything but audio though. -

S

So is that to say you used the 'all other verson' ARM7 spk?

I presume you are on DSM6

23 hours ago, roaku said:

version for ARm7

On 2/26/2021 at 12:28 PM, Jak8 said:

I have mounted the 'all other ARMv7 models'         version now but although it installs it still fails to run.  I attach the two log files associated with this setup

embyserver-63749956105.txt 562.98 kB · 3 downloads embyserver-63749956156.txt 12.97 kB · 1 download

It looks like it was able to run. Can you try rebooting the nas?