Chapters for some TV Shows and Movies showing up as 00:00

mbnwa
Go to solution Solved by Deathsquirrel,

For some but not all of my Movies and TV Shows the chapter areas are showing 00:00 however the chapters are properly defined in the m4v container.

Any suggestions or is this a known bug?

buddyweiser

I had this issue for some TV shows. It was fixed after I did a complete reinstall of MBS. I'm sure there is a less destructive way of doing it though. Perhaps a db file or cache somewhere needing deleting.

Deathsquirrel

You can fix it by doing an advanced refresh on the problem items.  Depending on how widespread it is though, you may want to just completely remove & reinstall the server app.  That's what I did last week for just that reason.

You are correct and thank you for the suggestion - Going into the Meta Data Manager and refreshing the content with the issues does in fact resolve the issue - wish we had a mass refresh button it's a PITA to reload and fix over 1500 movies and deleting the DB I don't think is a viable option for me for the time being I will fix them as I find them

Thanks for the suggestion :)

this is from a couple months ago where we had a server release that wasn't getting chapters from mp4/m4vs. it was fixed but the fix only applies to new files going forward. so existing ones require refreshes.

• Solution
Deathsquirrel

You can just do an advanced refresh on the whole collection if you like.  Gonna take a loooooooooooooong time just like your original scan after install though.

• Like 1