Emby 4.6 API change?

Tolriq

Hi,

I have users reporting that their items are no longer seen as favorites in my app while it was ok before, and when looking at the API result the UserData show that Likes is true but not IsFavorite.

Is this an undocumented API change or a bug?

"UserData":{"Rating":17,"PlaybackPositionTicks":0,"PlayCount":0,"IsFavorite":false,"Likes":true,"Played":true}

Well for instance, what kind of item are we looking at? If they add brand new content into their database and then mark it as favorite, does it occur with that?

No my app read and set favorite, the issue is that whatever he does on Emby side, previously it did set the favorite status and now it set the likes. Or actually that's what the API return.

feerlessleadr

Hi - I'm the user that reported the issue on the yatse forums. 

Prior to installing one of the latest betas (apologies, I don't know exactly which one, but it was one of the later ones .20 or later possibly, but definitely since .26), I was able to see all of my favorited songs (indicated by pressing the heart icon on the emby interface for each song) in yatse, which I was then able to view in a smart playlist within the yatse app.

When I open the app now they are not there. 

I have not changed, or made any updates to the songs that I have 'favorited' on my emby server, or how I have 'favorited' them. 

Happy to provide logs, etc. if that would be helpful. 

I'm running .28 beta with the same issue. 

On 2/22/2021 at 9:56 AM, Tolriq said:

Hi,

I have users reporting that their items are no longer seen as favorites in my app while it was ok before, and when looking at the API result the UserData show that Likes is true but not IsFavorite.

Is this an undocumented API change or a bug?

"UserData":{"Rating":17,"PlaybackPositionTicks":0,"PlayCount":0,"IsFavorite":false,"Likes":true,"Played":true}

Exactly what endpoint was this returned from?

feerlessleadr

I've just realized that although my songs are listed under the 'Favorites' section under the 'Suggested' tab in my Music library, the songs aren't actually favorited (since the heart is not red):

image.png.9ab6b34e561206ca97674b3f39dba1b3.png

When I click the red heart and then refresh the page, the heart turns back from red to grey for that same song. 

I tested this through the web interface. The same thing happens when I favorite a song on the 'Songs' tab.

See attached for a debug log on my server

embyserver.txt

Unchanged for years:

https://xxxx/Users/yyyyyyyy/Items?Recursive=true&IncludeItemTypes=Audio&ParentId=7e64e319657a9516ec78490da03edccb&ExcludeLocationTypes=Virtual&Fields=Genres,SortName,Path,RunTimeTicks,DateCreated,ProductionYear,CommunityRating&startIndex=0&limit=2000&UserId=yyyyyyyy