Incorrect Meta Data for TV Show "24"

mbnwa
Go to solution Solved by BATTLE DONKEY,

For TV Show "24 Live Another Day (Season 9)" starting around episode 9 the meta data is pulling incorrect data for example ep9 is showing up with details for ep8, ep10 is showing up with details from ep9,  ep11 and ep12 are showing up with details from ep10

all earlier episodes that had been added loaded correctly.

Any ideas or suggestions or corrections that will stick?

Edited by mbnwa

BATTLE DONKEY

Are ur episodes named correctly? Having a quick glance on thetvdb.com seems to show the correct order and it matches what I have for my episodes. Try checking ur naming conventions, preferably using I.e s09e01, s09e02, etc. And refresh an episode with the wrong data

all my TV Seasons are in iTunes format please note that this has worked on all past episodes and current episodes like Impractical Jokers the directory structure is below

(Series Name -> Season # -> Ep)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/797ffplj8rgp41y/Screenshot%202014-08-11%2011.02.24.png

The Meta data inside the file is the following:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yh7cvqa7fm7velr/Screenshot%202014-08-11%2011.05.13.png

Because I use iTunes to also manage my movies and TV shows for my Apple TV iTunes renames the file in the format iTunes would like to have the files in - as stated I am not seeing this on any other downloaded content only seems to be the last few ep's of 24

BATTLE DONKEY

I can see why the itunes naming convention might cause problems for the server because it is full of numbers and the server is looking for the sequence of season and episode number to figure out which episode is which.

The description for episode 11 9pm - 10pm matches what is on tvdb. Is it not the right description for the episode?

• Solution
BATTLE DONKEY

I'm pretty sure its because of the naming convention. If u edit the file name and add the proper sXXe00 tag to it and refresh it should find the correct data.

If u edit the file name will iTunes throw out errors trying to find it after? Try editing like I said above and refresh, then u can lockdown the data if u have to and revert the filename back to iTunes standard if u have to

• Like 1

FrostByte

Agree, mine metadata is correct and I'm using the naming convention BD recommends and the names from thetvdb

53e90c8239fb1_Untitled.jpg

53e90ceaa916e_Untitled1.jpg

So your suggestion does work until iTunes re-scans looking for the file that was changed it changes it back and after Media Browser does a rescan of the library then it goes back to the wrong data

Under Advanced in iTunes you can un-select keeping the folders organized I am going to give that a shot and see if that keeps the sXXeXX formatting

BATTLE DONKEY

Under Advanced in iTunes you can un-select keeping the folders organized I am going to give that a shot and see if that keeps the sXXeXX formatting

If that doesn't work, add the sXXeXX tag again, let MB do its scan to organize everything, then go back into the metadata manager and for each of those episodes or the entire season if u want scroll down to the bottom of the page to "metadat settings" click it and turn off all the fields. This will lock it down and prevent MB from changing it later on.

Once that's done, then go back into iTunes and let it rescan changing the names back to the way they were originally without the sXXeXX tags.

Both iTunes and MB shouldn't have any issues with those episodes after. MB uses universal standards for metadata fetching and because iTunes is just using the episode name which to MB probably looks like random numbers. Its doing its best to make a match of all the hours/episode name that iTunes uses

• Like 1

Ok so it seems to be related to the naming convention that iTunes uses I did remove the ability for iTunes to keep the folders optimized and elected to go the sXXeXX route just need to remember to do that when adding new ep's :)