Improve Feature request

CharleyVarrick

CharleyVarrick

Lets think outside the box. the present forum software and present format of FR is unable to fullfill the needs of many loyals users and supporters, how about a dedicated webpage, eg: emby.media/feature request. Instead of revamping the forum, just a new link to a fancy pants webpage that analyze keyword in new feature request and suggest "is this what you're looking for?" Then you can vote it up. No more Duplicate FR mgmt, 100x more accurate Likes matrix.

You could even show what has already been done, what is being worked on, and inevitably, what can't be done (and explain why).

Think of a prospective Emby subscriber looking at this and thinking, "wow, the orange co does not offer this, I think I'll go blue !"

Having worked in various form of customer service 40 yrs, no one has to remind me how invaluable users suggestions/comments/complaints and criticism are.
This is the stuff that the Emby of tomorrow will be made of. But if 99% of it is forgotten/lost by sundown, I call this standing still.

Disclaimer: The following might sting a little, but like a flu or covid shot, its for your own good.

Lets do a forum search on "we'd like to have this in the future" and all variations. Not just within the feature request thread, but in all sections of this forum; thousands of FR all scattered and "lost". Now out of this mass, how many have been seriously considered, put in to-do list, fullfilled . . . 

Where I presently work, if a customer's improvement suggestion is discovered to have not been forwarded upstairs, the employee is reminded of our policy.

Incidentally, my employer is rated # 1 in customer satisfaction in the whole country in our field.

Just my 2 cents.

Edited by jlr19
  • Like 2