App won't unlock under Kids profile

skinlab

I have purchased an unlock through Amazon and the app has been working fine when using my regular profile. 

Recently I setup a Kids Fire Stick profile, and when using that account Emby prompts me to unlock the app again.

If I choose Restore Unlock it says unlock not purchased. If I select Purchase Unlock it says "in-app purchasing is not allowed in FreeTime."

Hi.  If you restore the unlock in your Adult profile and then force close the app, then switch to the Kids profile, does it work?

5 hours ago, ebr said:

Hi.  If you restore the unlock in your Adult profile and then force close the app, then switch to the Kids profile, does it work?

No. Still works fine under the regular Fire TV profile, but not when switching to Kids. I wonder if this has been tested at all? Seems using multiple Fire TV profiles (even though it is all the same Amazon account) isn't supported?

Edited by skinlab

Hi.  It isn't that it is a different profile.  It is that it is a profile that is restricted from store access.  We cache the store validation on the device but it sounds like the different profiles are maintaining their own configurations as well.

3 hours ago, ebr said:

Hi.  It isn't that it is a different profile.  It is that it is a profile that is restricted from store access.  We cache the store validation on the device but it sounds like the different profiles are maintaining their own configurations as well.

I follow you. I did some searching and it looks like "In-app purchases" are just not allowed in Free-Time on the Fire TV. Is there simply no way to get playback working on the Emby client via Kids / Free-Time on the Fire Stick then?  

54 minutes ago, skinlab said:

I follow you. I did some searching and it looks like "In-app purchases" are just not allowed in Free-Time on the Fire TV. Is there simply no way to get playback working on the Emby client via Kids / Free-Time on the Fire Stick then?  

It will work with Emby Premiere.