Wrestling PPV causing Emby to convert PPV folder from movie to tv show

hotwhelz

hotwhelz

I have set up all my wrestling content so far so good until I had the Pay Per Views.  Library is setup as Mixed Content folder structure is as follows

Wrestling/

WWE/

Pay Per Views/

WWE Royal Rumble 2020 (2020)/

WWE Royal Rumble 2020 (2020).mp4

WWE Survivor Series 2020 (2020)/

WWE Survivor Series 2020 (2020).mp4

WWE Wrestlemaina 36 (2020)/

WWE Wrestlemania 36 (2020).mp4                                                                                          

Monday Night Raw/

Season 1/

NXT/

Smackdown/

Pay Per Views folder works correctly as a Movie folder until I add the PPV called Survivor Series. As soon as a add that to the library is converts the Pay Per View folder to a TV Show folder then everything else in there is all messed up.  I take it its because it has the word "Series" in the title.  Would be nice to be able with Mixed Content to force lock a Folder to Movie or TV Shows.  Don't really see a way to fix this besides having 2 different libraries one for PPVs as Movies and another as just TV Shows.  

Hello hotwhelz,

Please wait for someone from staff support or our members to reply to you.

It's recommended to provide more info, as it explain in this thread:

Thank you.

Emby Team

Hi, this is difficult to automatically detect. You might be better off setting it up as a home videos library.

crusher11
3 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi, this is difficult to automatically detect. You might be better off setting it up as a home videos library.

And having to manually edit all the metadata and images? Seriously?

I have my wrestling TV shows in my TV library, personally. Works for me.

hotwhelz

Yeah Home Video is a no go way to much to manually edit.  I'll just have to make 2 different libraries. Mixed Content is to finicky.  But like I said would be nice since its a Mixed Content folder you know you are going to have 2 different video types to be able to lock a folder as a TV Show or a Movie Folder somewhere in the metadata tell it content type shouldn't be that hard to implement. All because what a Movie is named shouldn't automatically covert is to a TV Show. Inside my Survivor Series folder is just each PPV Named correctly.  There is nothing like a TV Show ex. Season 1 S01E01. . Every other PPV is fine just that one. 

For two different libraries just be aware they need to be two different folders. You can't add the same folder to mulitple libraries using different content types.

hotwhelz

Im aware ill just separate my 2 content types to a Wrestling PPV folder and a Wrestling TV Shows folder and have a library for each.  I have mine and my kids Movies and TV shows all as individual libraries. Love the app by the way been using for a few years now was easy enough for my 4 and 6 yr old kids to learn.