Ratings content for folder not being check for searches

JohnWhitmore
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

JohnWhitmore

Hello,,

new (possibly) bug...

I set up a default media library

Added a media collection called movies (no rating - eg GA, R18 etc)

Added a second collection called Adult and set rating to R18 (via web browser setup)

Created a User Profile called Kids with max PG rating

If I go to the website logged in with Kids profile and type adult in search box (top right) I can see files that are in the Adult folder. These can then be selected and played.

I realise the issue is the individual files are not rated, and this is leading to the issue. Is it possible to either allow ratings for a folder to apply to all sub folders and files?

or

Have the search results filtered so that it only displays suitably rated folders contents.

Current workaround is to create a completely separate media library for this Kids account (have not confirmed this limits search results to just that media library).

John

no, that's just a bug that should be fixed. i know this has already been working. maybe setting on an entire collection is something that hasn't been tested yet.

JohnWhitmore

Well, I must congratulate the team on quick action...

I posted an earlier message about troubles with setting up weather in MB-Classic and a new guide has been created....Do you guys do anything apart from lurk here and code improvements?...lol

Great work and MB3 looks good.

Thank you

John

• Solution

no, that's just a bug that should be fixed. i know this has already been working. maybe setting on an entire collection is something that hasn't been tested yet.

We don't currently inherit ratings from parent folders so that would be a pretty big change and I don't think this particular situation would have ever worked (the ratings on the actual items aren't there).

You should, however, be able to select "block content with no rating" on the kids profile and it would take care of it for you.

• Like 1