Some movies missing when logged in main account--BUT new user account sees them?

TCEmby1
Go to solution Solved by Happy2Play,

So my premium administrator account cannot see some titles in the main library when sorting alphabetical. I CAN find them when searching by name.

A new user I created can see them in the list alphabetically... what could be the issue?

GrimReaper
31 minutes ago, TCEmby1 said:

So my premium administrator account cannot see some titles in the main library when sorting alphabetical. I CAN find them when searching by name.

A new user I created can see them in the list alphabetically... what could be the issue?

Do you have any Filters on? 

GrimReaper
1 hour ago, TCEmby1 said:

A new user I created can see them in the list alphabetically...

Make that new user admin, delete original admin, rename new user to deleted one. 

Edit: Alternatively, make that new user admin, rename original admin, remove privileges, rename new user to your admin name. 

Edited by GrimReaper76
Append

this seems like a really severe option. The admin account is THIS one. The main email premiere member account. The new user I made was for a friend with no password. Any way without deleting my account. I have no filters on or parental permissions on.

Happy2Play

Can you go over a specific example, if you can search and it appears you have a setting difference from a new user.

More info: When I sort by 'Date Added' my movie library shows 770 titles. When I sort by 'Title' it says 631 items... not sure why..

OK so heres what I think is happening. In some views, the collections are being shown as collections, which hide the individual movies inside them. My main 'movies' library is set up to do this, but viewing by 'date added' seems to override this. Its mixed with the other sorting options so its not just this.

So, I like the collections to be lumped in together when they are the same series, ie 'star wars' or LOTR etc.. BUT I have some collections that are like 'movies to see with dad'.. I'd prefer these not be hidden when listed. I guess theres no way around it?

• Like 1

GrimReaper
1 hour ago, TCEmby1 said:

OK so heres what I think is happening. In some views, the collections are being shown as collections, which hide the individual movies inside them. My main 'movies' library is set up to do this, but viewing by 'date added' seems to override this. Its mixed with the other sorting options so its not just this.

So, I like the collections to be lumped in together when they are the same series, ie 'star wars' or LOTR etc.. BUT I have some collections that are like 'movies to see with dad'.. I'd prefer these not be hidden when listed. I guess theres no way around it?

AFAIK, your Premiere license is independent of any User on your server. You can add/delete as many users as you want and add/revoke admin for as many as you want, as well. Linking any of them to Emby Connect is completely optional. 

As for your movies issue, you either Group items into collections - or you do not. So no way to group some and avoid some. What you can do, however, is make a Playlist for "movies to see with dad", that way you will still have them 'grouped' in a way, but they will show as separate items inside your Movies library. 

• Solution
Happy2Play
4 hours ago, TCEmby1 said:

Correct, that is what I was trying to get at "group item into collection".  You can not do this with all sort modes.

OK good to know. I do love how all the franchise films can be lumped together. I'll have to use playlist then for the other items.

Thanks. Emby is still light years ahead of Plex..!