Guide issues

Dont1982

Dont1982

How can i offset the guide by a couple minutes. About the last 2 to 3 minutes of a show the guide will pop up and say what is coming on, but it still has 2 minutes left on the other show. My server time is set up correctly through my machine. It cuts off shows while recording and i have set the dvr timer to start 4 minutes before and 4 minutes after and it still cuts them off sometimes.

Dont1982

i am using emby guide data directv and yes i am using an iptv provider. It is the guide that is out not my iptv service.  The reason i know this is because i have timed it when the guide pops up and tell me what is coming on and aprox 2 minutes the credits for the show going off start to toll. I will also add this does this with my hd homerun for my local OTA channels, so i don't think it is my iptv provider.

Hi, we don't currently have an option for this, but you could use the padding settings to handle this for your recordings.

Dont1982

If you are referring to the extra time added to the front and back of the recording. Then I already do that. If not what are you talking about

19 hours ago, Dont1982 said:

The reason i know this is because i have timed it when the guide pops up and tell me what is coming on and aprox 2 minutes the credits for the show going off start to toll

So, for a program that starts at say 9:00  you see the next program information at 8:58 (by the actual clock on the device)?

Dont1982

Yes and the clock on the machine is set correctly. So the recording is 2 minutes late and even if I tell it to record 4 minutes early and end 4 minutes late it either cuts off the first or last of the recording

7 minutes ago, Dont1982 said:

Yes and the clock on the machine is set correctly. So the recording is 2 minutes late and even if I tell it to record 4 minutes early and end 4 minutes late it either cuts off the first or last of the recording

Do you have any other viewing or DVR taking place of TV?  How many simultaneous streams does your provider give you?

That would eliminate what I was thinking as a possible cause.

With your current setup you can likely skip pre-padding as you have a 2 or 3 minute buffer built in.

Could you try a couple 30 hour  minute show recordings and set pre-padding to 0 and posy padding to 10.
Do they still cut off early?

Edited by cayars

15 minutes ago, Dont1982 said:

30 hour??? i think you mean 30 min lol. yes i can try that.

Only if you can't find a 30 hour show.  LOL

19 hours ago, Dont1982 said:

Yes and the clock on the machine is set correctly.

So, in the guide display, you also see all your programs starting at 8:58 instead of 9:00?

Dont1982

The guide shows the time they are supposed to start at. But when watching tv, a show that has 2 to 3 minutes left, the guide pops up on the bottom and says the new show is starting. Hence triggering the DVR to not record.

I'm not following this last comment fully.

So to recap your m3u files actually runs about 2 or 3 minutes behind actual time correct?  So everything is delayed 2 or 3 minutes.

In this case enter 0 for pre-padding as you won't need it as it's there by default.
If you set post padding to 5 minutes then this should provide roughly 2 or 3 minutes of real padding since everything is delayed.

If you have open tuners then when a show starts shouldn't interfere with what is already recording and should not stop a recording in progress.

In your tuner setup what do you have set for "Simultaneous stream limit:" ?

14 minutes ago, Dont1982 said:

But when watching tv, a show that has 2 to 3 minutes left, the guide pops up on the bottom and says the new show is starting. Hence triggering the DVR to not record.

Right, but when that happens, exactly what actual time is it on the clock?

Dont1982

The clock is showing for example 0800 or 2100. The clock and guide are correct  I guess. And the streams are slow.  I used the padding last night and it worked great thank you all.

Yes padding should fix this for you.  Just use 0 pre-padding and 4 or 5 minutes post processing which should give you the same results of 2 & 2 for a hardware tuner.  You just need to offset your padding by the delay you get!

Just now, Dont1982 said:

The clock is showing for example 0800 or 2100. The clock and guide are correct  I guess. And the streams are slow

Right.  That's what I've been trying to say :).  The streams are what are out of sync, not the guide.  I understand you'd like to adjust the guide to account for that but it isn't that the guide is "wrong" it is that the programs are not actually occurring when they are supposed to.  The padding fields should allow you to account for this, however, for your recordings.