Emby theater features catch up with the web client

DingoPD

Could you folks please consider catching up the feature set of emby theater to the latest web client? Specifically the media config context menu during playback, and subtitle timing adjustment? I find it incredibly useful to be able to tune the details on the fly.

• Like 2

I'm sorry, i wasn't being very clear with the explanation, and on top i missed the subtitle offset setting in the config/gear menu :)

the web client in chrome has the new three dot menu and the subtitle offset in the preexisting li'l gear menu, and the theater has the subtitle offset in the gear menu, but not the three dot menu.

I was trying to ask for the integration of the three dot one. It is incredibly convenient to be able to fix the metadata as i find discrepancies while i play the movie, instead of trying to find them in the list.

I wouldn't mind using the web client, except no browser supports h265 natively yet, so it transcodes on the fly (and that works great), but when 4 people start watching 4 different things that end up being transcoded, the server borderline can't handle it (E5620. quadcore@2.4GHz). The 3rd and 4th stream takes around 30-60s to start. The theater relieves the server load.

So i am trying to migrate everyone to that.

Edited by DingoPD