User Folders

msloat

I just started Emby yesterday.  I was wondering if there is a way to have the user select which folder the recording goes into when they make a scheduled recording?

I actually found this today.  I gave them my two cents.  What I have been doing is moving programs into separate folders after they are recorded.  Then I made it so the user can only see that folder, so they don't have to see my stuff.    I wish I knew how to make a script that did it automatically.

Thank you guys!

• 1 month later...
notla49285
On 12/02/2021 at 20:40, msloat said:

I actually found this today.  I gave them my two cents.  What I have been doing is moving programs into separate folders after they are recorded.  Then I made it so the user can only see that folder, so they don't have to see my stuff.    I wish I knew how to make a script that did it automatically.

Thank you guys!

Yes this is what I do.

In addition to this what you need is a mini background service with a folder watcher to monitor new files coming in, when it detects a new file, make note of it then check it again after a certain period of time (10-30 seconds?) to make sure it isn't an active recording being written to. If the file size and modified date/time are the same, move it's parent folder (the series folder) to your designated user's folder. You'd also need to have a list of series folder names and the destination each one should be sent to.

I keep meaning to write something for my PC but can never find the time :(