Changing Dark theme in Roku

Jason'sEmby

Jason'sEmby

Hi, will there eventually be an option to change the Dark theme in Roku? Kind of want to put it in line with Android clients blue radiance which in my opinion is the cleanest look, especially for the TV Guide. Thank you 😊

Yes. The Roku will be getting updates to bring it closer to both the look and feel of the other clients. The "Emby" look will be coming to the Roku which includes theme support and everything else. This will just take time. But these are on the road map. We are going to bring themes to the Roku and unify the look and behavior of the application to be more like Emby and less like Roku. More like Android TV. Where the line is blurred and you can no longer tell is this Android TV or Roku?

Edited by speechles
  • Like 3

notla49285

+1 for this, I would love to have the Blue Radiance theme on Roku, it's sooooo much better looking than plain black. Roku themes were originally requested a long time ago though so don't hold your breath.

Edited by notla49285

• 6 months later...
unisoft
On 14/02/2021 at 23:44, notla49285 said:

+1 for this, I would love to have the Blue Radiance theme on Roku, it's sooooo much better looking than plain black. Roku themes were originally requested a long time ago though so don't hold your breath.

Media Center Blue please 😆

unisoft
On 12/02/2021 at 12:27, speechles said:

Yes. The Roku will be getting updates to bring it closer to both the look and feel of the other clients. The "Emby" look will be coming to the Roku which includes theme support and everything else. This will just take time. But these are on the road map. We are going to bring themes to the Roku and unify the look and behavior of the application to be more like Emby and less like Roku. More like Android TV. Where the line is blurred and you can no longer tell is this Android TV or Roku?

Does this mean the HORIZONTAL theme also coming? I prefer that theme UNLESS it's on the Apple TV Emby app where I prefer Vertical as they've done an ace job on that UI as sizes are proportionate and the way the library tiles scroll.

12 minutes ago, unisoft said:

Does this mean the HORIZONTAL theme also coming?

No plans for that at this time.  That is a layout, not a theme.  Sorry.

unisoft
17 hours ago, ebr said:

No plans for that at this time.  That is a layout, not a theme.  Sorry.

Thanks for clarifying. I only asked because of the quote " The "Emby" look will be coming to the Roku which includes theme support and everything else."