Refresh guide data not working

all4dom
Go to solution Solved by Happy2Play,

all4dom

Over the weekend I setup channels dvr with emby using the m3u tuner. carlo helped me & everything was great. Last night I noticed there was no guide data, it was blank. Today same problem. So I went into channels dvr to see if everything was working & it was. I reloaded the 3 m3u streams & went into emby & resaved the tuner & refreshed the guide, but nothing (i did notice refreshed only took 1 second to complete). I deleted the tuner & xml guide & hit refresh, but I noticed that the refresh didnt do anything, no green bar. The one thing I noticed when I would save the tuner & refresh is that the refresh only took 1 second where normally refresh should take about a minute. It almost seems like the refresh part is not working. The one other thing I did do after deleting the tuner is clear the cache in the xml cache folder. SO now I only see my channels in the emby guide, but no data. Everything is working correctly in channels dvr. Right before including the logs, I reinstalled the tuner & guide data & the guide data again only took a sec to complete & i didnt sdee the green bar as it was refreshing.

Thanks

Dom

embyserver.txt hardware_detection-63748414219.txt

• Solution
Happy2Play

Don't know a lot about this.

Not sure how relevant but it would appear there is a issue in the xml.  Multiple errors at same line and position and different lines and positions.  Around the same time you have Refreshed guide.

2021-02-08 21:40:16.015 Error LiveTvManager: Error refreshing channels for service
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.5.4.0
	Command line: C:\Users\dsb51\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\EmbyServer.dll -noautorunwebapp
	Operating system: Microsoft Windows 10.0.19042
	Framework: .NET Core 3.1.9
	OS/Process: x64/x64
	Runtime: C:/Users/dsb51/AppData/Roaming/Emby-Server/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
	Processor count: 4
	Data path: C:\Users\dsb51\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata
	Application path: C:\Users\dsb51\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system
	System.Xml.XmlException: System.Xml.XmlException: An error occurred while parsing EntityName. Line 2209, position 89.
	   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
	   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(String res, Int32 lineNo, Int32 linePos)
	   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.HandleEntityReference(Boolean isInAttributeValue, EntityExpandType expandType, Int32& charRefEndPos)
	   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseText(Int32& startPos, Int32& endPos, Int32& outOrChars)
	   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.SkipPartialTextValue()
	   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()
	   at System.Xml.XmlReader.ReadToFollowing(String name)
	   at Emby.XmlTv.Classes.XmlTvReader.GetChannels()
	   at Emby.LiveTV.Listings.XmlTv.XmlTvProvider.GetChannels(ListingsProviderInfo info, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at Emby.LiveTV.EmbyTV.GetEpgChannels(IListingsProvider provider, ListingsProviderInfo info, Boolean enableCache, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at Emby.LiveTV.EmbyTV.GetChannelsAsync(Boolean enableCache, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at Emby.LiveTV.LiveTvManager.RefreshChannelsInternal(ILiveTvService service, IProgress`1 progress, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at Emby.LiveTV.LiveTvManager.RefreshChannelsInternal(IProgress`1 progress, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	Source: System.Private.Xml
	TargetSite: Void Throw(System.Exception)

all4dom

Just wanted to add @cayarswas able to fix the broken link. Carlo thank you for getting my live tv fixed. You have been beyond helpful since my endeavor into live tv with cdvr. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, all4dom said:

Just wanted to add @cayarswas able to fix the broken link. Carlo thank you for getting my live tv fixed. You have been beyond helpful since my endeavor into live tv with cdvr. 

Thanks, always nice to hear a kind word.

Did you get your frozen liquid solids relocation project done?

Edited by cayars
  • Like 1