Missing settings/config button

rob_hendley
Go to solution Solved by AdrianW,

rob_hendley

Hi,

Firstly, I apologise for my first post being a moan, but I guess that's why most people initially join forums.

Secondly, great software.  The time you guys must put into the development of this demands respect.

However, I am having the same problem as this guy here, but no answers were posted:

http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/6118-missing-config-in-mb3-and-no-ehs-screen/?hl=%2Bconfig+%2Bbutton

As you can see from the below screenshot, I have no config button.  I have also disabled EHS.  As you no longer change themes from the new MB3 Configurator, I am stuck and it's driving me mad.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled, but to no avail.

I am using Windows 8.1 on the MB3 Classic theme (though I wish to change it).  

Could you please help?

Thanks

Rob 

53e696eb81a4e_DSC_01871.jpg

Edited by rob_hendley

candyman

if i am not mistaken you need to be in the first screen displayed when you load MBS.

rgds

Andy

rob_hendley

Andy,

Thanks for responding, but that is the first screen after I click media browser in the media center menu.

I turned off all the other menus so my PC booted straight into the Movies folder of media browser.  I can find no way to get into my view config

Kind regards

Rob

Edited by rob_hendley

AdrianW

I just set my MBC to use the Classic theme and turned off the EHS to get it looking like yours, and mine shows a spanner icon to the left of where "user" is on your screenshot.

I wonder if your problem has anything to do with you not having defined actual users on the server.  (Where your screenshot says "User", mine shows an actual user name - e.g. "Adrian").

rob_hendley

Logo might have meant it as a half-joke, but he has the truth of it nevertheless.  Yep, my user is called "User", and is the only user and set up as admin.  I started doing that when they removed "My Documents" and incorporated the user name.  Sad huh?

If nobody knows how to fix it, can you perhaps advise on how I revert my setup to defaults?  I have tried reinstalling and deleting everything in he MBC folder within the appdata directory, but to no avail.

Thanks

Cheesegeezer

Logo might have meant it as a half-joke, but he has the truth of it nevertheless.  Yep, my user is called "User", and is the only user and set up as admin.  I started doing that when they removed "My Documents" and incorporated the user name.  Sad huh?

If nobody knows how to fix it, can you perhaps advise on how I revert my setup to defaults?  I have tried reinstalling and deleting everything in he MBC folder within the appdata directory, but to no avail.

Thanks

Even if you auto enter the movies folder, if you press backspace or back it should return you to the Home screen where you can see all your folders.  then as said before, you should see a spanner to the left of your username, this here is where you can enter the main config settings.

• Solution
AdrianW

Not for me.  Backspace takes me back to WMC

You must have the EHS turned off.

I'm reasonably confident that this will fix your issue:

Navigate to C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Classic\Configurations (replace "User" with your windows user name) - and then delete all files in that folder (probably User-MediaBrowserXml.config and MBCommonXml.config).

The install MBC again (from here).

You should end up with Chocolate as your initial theme.

Edited by AdrianW
  • Like 1

rob_hendley

Adrian,

I said in my initial post I had EHS disabled.  Thanks for your tip - it worked.  Although I didn't have to reinstall.  I just deleted the file and ran MBC again.

Thanks for your help.