MediaBrower Classic "Keep Alive"

AgileHumor

AgileHumor

Media Browser Classic seems to unload itself 50% if the time after watching a movie.

How can I keep MBC active (loaded in WMC) at all times so it's always available as a remove controllable in Tablet/Web interface?

Cheesegeezer

Media Browser Classic seems to unload itself 50% if the time after watching a movie.

How can I keep MBC active (loaded in WMC) at all times so it's always available as a remove controllable in Tablet/Web interface?

Not sure I follow what you are saying fella.  Can you try and explain one more time please

When logged in to MBC as an Admin user, go to the configuration and look in the Advanced tab. Do you have "Enable Auto Logoff" checked? If so, unchecking it will probably solve your problem.

AgileHumor

Sorry I didn't explain it well.  MediaBrowser classic unloads from Media Center (make it uncontrollable via web interface).

Thanks bigJohn....I found that last week and it's definitely improved things.

Cheesegeezer

Sorry I didn't explain it well.  MediaBrowser classic unloads from Media Center (make it uncontrollable via web interface).

Thanks bigJohn....I found that last week and it's definitely improved things.

How do you mean unloaded... do you mean closes WMC, logs out the user. Could you please try to be a little clearer.  

Many Thanks

AgileHumor

Meaning the movie ends that was launched from WMC, and it just shows the last window in MB.

However, if I try to control it via a remote, it doesn't work.  As I understand it, sometimes the ehexthost32 MB3 process ends and is no longer available to receive requests. 

I just disabled the auto logoff.  I'll report back in a week or two if that was issue.

AgileHumor

No sir, but I think that auto logoff was the issue.  So far it's been available each time this week. 

• 1 month later...
AgileHumor

So, revisiting this...about half the time of watching a lot of TV...MBC will be visible in web interface but won't respond to plays.

Alternatively, sometimes MBC is not loaded and I can't control it unless I find the HTPC remote. 

Is there any "out of band" to WMC that we can use to install on MBC PC's to always allow them to be controllable without MBC being running (either it's unexpectedly unloading or not started yet)?

Edited by AgileHumor

No, we would have to write a special program that you install on the client and always have running.  Even then, though, it wouldn't be that simple because there would be now way to "hand off" the session from the stub client to the real one (MBC).