Emby Theatre for Windows full screen error on opening.

cyburbanyte

cyburbanyte

There is a minor issue opening Emby Theatre for Windows in full screen mode that seems to have cropped up since I upgraded to Win 10 20H2.

Emby opens, but it is offset slightly up and to the left.  I can force correction by clicking the fullscreen button in Emby.

The windowsstate.json file in C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Theater\data\electron

seems to control this behavior.

Inspecting the windowsstate.json file in shows:

{"x":-11,"y":-11,"width":1942,"height":1104,"state":"Maximized"}

I can correct this by manually editing the above to read (my screen resolution on these computers is 1080p)

{"x":0,"y":0,"width":1920,"height":1080,"state":"Maximized"}

But when I close Emby Theatre it updates windowsstate.json back to

{"x":-11,"y":-11,"width":1942,"height":1104,"state":"Maximized"}

which perpetuates the error.

I speculate this is an error from Electron. It seems to be miscalculating the parameters for the screen characteristics. Do you have any ideas on what might be causing this behavior?

The Emby Theatre for Windows version I am using is 3.0.14 which I believe is the current version.

This is happening consistent on all 4 of my Win 10 machines. All are running Win 10 20H2.

Manually maximizing the screen is an easy workaround.  But this is a bit of annoyance. Got any ideas/suggestions? I see other users are experiencing this problem as well.

Thanks.

• Like 1

daedalus

don't expect too much, this is well known, exists for very long and this platform has zero priority in the emby universe

in the mean time, if ever, you can trick it by using this autohotkey script, restoring windowstate.json on every start of ET

#NoEnv  ; Recommended for performance and compatibility with future AutoHotkey releases.
; #Warn  ; Enable warnings to assist with detecting common errors.
SendMode Input  ; Recommended for new scripts due to its superior speed and reliability.
SetWorkingDir %A_ScriptDir%  ; Ensures a consistent starting directory.

; overwrite windowstate.json
FileCopy, C:\Users\***USER***\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Theater\data\electron\windowstate[fix].json, C:\Users\***USER***\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Theater\data\electron\windowstate.json, 1
FileSetAttrib, -R+N, C:\Users\***USER***\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Theater\data\electron\windowstate.json
; start ET
Run, C:\Users\***USER***\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Theater\system\Emby.Theater.exe

just get autohotkey, copy the text above into a new ahk script file, fill in your user folder (***USER***), copy your windowstate.json to windowstate[fix].json in the same folder, fill in your desired values and start ET by the ahk script

Edited by daedalus

cyburbanyte

Another user suggested editing windowstate.json and then marking readonly  This does fix the problem, albeit I'm not sure of the side effects. I posed that question to Luke.

daedalus

10 hours ago, cyburbanyte said:

Another user suggested editing windowstate.json and then marking readonly

it kinda "works", but the app always throws an error window on exit if u do so, so this is not an option

10 hours ago, cyburbanyte said:

I posed that question to Luke.

as said, much luck, u as new user have much more chance to get sth changed then we that report that for years

On 07/02/2021 at 18:08, cyburbanyte said:

Another user suggested editing windowstate.json and then marking readonly  This does fix the problem, albeit I'm not sure of the side effects. I posed that question to Luke.

I just made mine read-only tonight and opened/closed ET a bunch of time with no issues. Hopefully it's the last of the issue for me...

daedalus
9 hours ago, Happy2Play said:

Anyone adjusted the shortcut from Normal to Maximized?

sure back in the old days

worked for some times and then reverted back / ignored the maximized setting, things also get wonkey if you use a specific monitor

i'm pretty happy for a long time now with my script cause its doing exactly what it should and can be customized to have some sort of "profiles"