Movies with DTS-HD and Dolby TrueHD downgraded to Dolby Digital

Brian79
Go to solution Solved by lorac,

Hi folks, I am new and just decided to go with Emby over Plex.  That being said I have search some topics and a bit confused, so hopefully I am able to get the answer.

I have a bunch of movies that are DTS-HD and Dolby TrueHD, they are MKV files.  When playing it via VLC I am able to play them with DTS-HD and Dolby TrueHD, so issues there.  So just wondering is there an option to "activate or select" to play the HD audio?  In the Emby Theater, it shows that the audio encoding is DTS-HD but when its being played it only Dolby Digital.  I have tried different settings from the Audio Properties in Windows 10, chancing the Format from 16bit DVD Quality to 24bit Studio Quality, then checked the "exclusive control of this device".  I assume that the the Emby Theater can't decode the DTS-HD and TureHD, since VLC is able to do it?

Needless to say my HTPC is connected to my Denon AVR.

Hope someone can shed a light on this. Thanks...

21 minutes ago, lorac said:

Do you have bitstreaming enabled in the audio settings within ET?

I have been going back and forth trying to look for "Audio Settings" but I can't exactly find that, maybe I'm just blind and trying to get used to the GUI.  There is my PC then Playback then Audio.  I would appreciate it if you can tell me exactly where it is. :(

1 hour ago, lorac said:

Make sure you're using the desktop and not the store version https://emby.media/emby-theater.html

Thank you very much! That's good to know, didn't realized that the store version was... crap! :)

Funny thing was I got desperate and was ready to check out Plex. But didn't have the patience to set up all the devices at home.