Crashing vídeos in Android TV e Xbox

Alexwerilles
Go to solution Solved by Alexwerilles,

Alexwerilles

I do not know what to do.

the Emby app for Android TV doesn't work properly, nor does the Emby Theater on Xbox One.

When installing the Emby app for Android TV on the Mi Box or any other TV Box, the videos are played perfectly, in direct playback (without transcoding and without crashing).

However, if I turn off the TV Box and then turn it on again and try to play a video on Emby, the videos freeze all the time, it doesn't fix 5 seconds without crashing. This happens with any video. In addition, the video, instead of being played directly, is transcondifying. It will only return to normal if I uninstall the application and install it again. So, when I reinstall, the videos work perfectly, but if I turn the TV Box off and on again, the problem comes back

I use Emby on a dedicated server with a Debian operating system.

In the web version there is no problem with videos. This only happens in the Emby app for Android TV and Xbox One.

Hi.  What is all the equipment involved on the app end and how is it connected?  Also, how are you "turning off" the device?

Alexwerilles
13 minutes ago, ebr said:

Hi.  What is all the equipment involved on the app end and how is it connected?  Also, how are you "turning off" the device?

I don't understand, does it refer to how he connected to the internet?

I hang up through the remote

Alexwerilles
On 2/4/2021 at 3:50 PM, ebr said:

i.e.  I have x device connected to x receiver via HDMI which is then connected to x TV...

It's like a Mi Box from Xiaomi. This also happens on the Xbox. The only place where this problem does not exist is in the web version.

I do not know what else to do ...

I did the test with another server and it worked without problems, no video crashed. Apparently, this is only happening with my server, but I don't know what can be

It is like a Mi?  So this is not a certified Android TV device?

Can you explain exactly how everything is connected together?

Alexwerilles
2 hours ago, ebr said:

It is like a Mi?  So this is not a certified Android TV device?

Can you explain exactly how everything is connected together?

It's Android TV certified. I even face the same problem with the Fire Stick.

Alexwerilles

I think it's a problem on my server, because I tested another server and the videos worked normally, without any problem in playback.

It could even be a problem exclusive to my server, but why does Emby in the web version work normally? No crashes in the videos. Videos work well in the web version

17 hours ago, Alexwerilles said:

but why does Emby in the web version work normally?

It isn't running on the same device, right?  And your problem is only when you power cycle the box this app is running on?  It sounds to me like a problem with HDMI negotiations and that's why I asked for an explanation of exactly how everything is connected and to what.

If you have a receiver, try rebooting the Android box while the receiver is powered on.

• 3 weeks later...
Alexwerilles
On 2/7/2021 at 2:33 PM, ebr said:

It isn't running on the same device, right?  And your problem is only when you power cycle the box this app is running on?  It sounds to me like a problem with HDMI negotiations and that's why I asked for an explanation of exactly how everything is connected and to what.

If you have a receiver, try rebooting the Android box while the receiver is powered on.

I did what you reported and it was not resolved.

Remembering that this problem occurs more on Android TV and Xbox. Videos crashing every 4 seconds.

If I uninstall and install the Emby for Android TV app, the videos will work normally, without crashes. However, after a while the crashing return

Alexwerilles
19 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi @Alexwerilles are you still having an issue with this?

Yes, I have the same problem.

If I uninstall and install the Emby app for Android TV and connect to the server as if it were the first time, it will work quickly and the videos will play smoothly

However, after a while, the problem returns.

Therefore, every time I want to watch without problems, I have to uninstall the application (or clear the data) again. And connect to the server as if it were the first time.

On 3/2/2021 at 9:46 AM, Alexwerilles said:

Yes, I have the same problem.

If I uninstall and install the Emby app for Android TV and connect to the server as if it were the first time, it will work quickly and the videos will play smoothly

However, after a while, the problem returns.

Therefore, every time I want to watch without problems, I have to uninstall the application (or clear the data) again. And connect to the server as if it were the first time.

Ok, we'll see what @ebr thinks. Thanks.

On 2/6/2021 at 6:54 PM, Alexwerilles said:

I think it's a problem on my server, because I tested another server and the videos worked normally, without any problem in playback.

Hi. Did you ever figure anything out here?  Do items still play normally from a different server?

How much free space is on your Android device? When they get below 1GB of free space they sometimes go bananas. Apps that play videos love to crash often.

Edited by speechles

Alexwerilles

I think I managed to solve it.

I changed Emby's port and restarted Nginx. Since yesterday I no longer face this problem.

I'm going to do another test day and I'll be back with

• 2 weeks later...