Playback jerky, adjusting refresh rate fixes, but then menu is jerky

davesurfer

davesurfer

So I've noticed video playback jerky, I adjusted the video card's refresh rate down from 60Hz to 24Hz. This made the video playback extremely smooth and quick, no jerkiness! :) However, when scrolling through movie or TV titles in the main menus everything is jerky, as well as how the jerky the mouse arrow in Windows. What should I do?

I have a Geforce GTX 1050 Ti, what settings should I put in the Video settings in Theater for best performance? Thanks!!

HI, what if you set it back to 60Hz and then just use the options in Emby Theater to dynamically change the refresh rate?

davesurfer
3 hours ago, Luke said:

HI, what if you set it back to 60Hz and then just use the options in Emby Theater to dynamically change the refresh rate?

Hey yeah that works. So it just changes the refresh rate to match the video fps. There's a brief blackout of the TV when it switches refresh rates, but I guess that's unavoidable. Also there would usually be a slight pause anyways with the little circle thingy turning before playing. (Hopefully not missing much)

With regards to Hardware acceleration options, or OpenGL settings should I change any of these? I was using the onboard Intel GPU but just installed this GeForce GTX 1050 Ti today.

Edited by davesurfer

davesurfer

I've switched the refresh rate switching off, it seems that the audio doesn't sync very well. I know there's a delay option but that would require a lot of work getting it right, and I don't know if that would be different for every video. Plus, the screen goes blank for the first second or two when the refresh rate switches.