Live TV broken on Nvidia Shield & FireStick

demian42
Go to solution Solved by Spaceboy,

demian42

Hi there.  For about a week, I have not had live TV on my Nvidia Shield or Amazon Firestick.  In both of those the behavior is the same:

• As soon as I start Emby I see a notification - "Error retrieving live TV channels"
  • If I try to use the Guide or Channels, there is the spinning wheel

On these devices, I can watch recordings because recordings are still happening at the server.

I can watch Live TV and use the Guide on Web Interface no problem (Chrome, on home network)

Emby is running on an Unraid server, it says I am running Version 4.6.0.22 beta

I have attached the logfile named embyserver.   there are many other (older) log files in the logs folder.  

embyserver.txt

• Solution
Spaceboy

you need to use the beta version of both the ATV and FTV app if you are going to use the beta version of the server. there were some changes in beta that need an updated app

IkeTaylor11
On 2/2/2021 at 5:46 AM, Spaceboy said:

you need to use the beta version of both the ATV and FTV app if you are going to use the beta version of the server. there were some changes in beta that need an updated app

how does one install the beta version of the app on a firestick? I joined the beta program for ATV and that downloaded and installed fine. 

I’ve the same issue with same Emby server beta version. I’m running both Emby server and client on Nvidia Shield. No issues if using the iOS app.

I’ve requested beta testing for ATV client too.

Hope everything will be fine soon.

Cheers,