Subtitle issues with .ass format.

Monkrocker
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

Monkrocker

Hello.  I am having an issue with .ass subtitles on the Emby Roku app.  It is the latest version in the Roku app store:  Version 4.0, Build 4.

I am streaming directly from a server on my local wired network.  Server version is: 4.5.4.0

I don't believe I have encountered a file with this subtitle format before.  Everything up until now has been ripped and encoded by me, and these were from a friend who also wanted to put his media on my server.  The problem is this:  subtitles for things like signs/menus/etc don't show up correctly.  They instead rapidly repeat over and over while the sign is on the screen.  This means you can't catch the translation of any dialog being said as it scrolls away too quickly to catch.  Sometimes there will be several full screen's worth of what look like coordinates?  I assume it's positioning/style info for whatever subtitle block.  

I have attached 2 videos showing the problem.  The first is from the Emby web app and displays the subs correctly.  The 2nd is the Roku version, same scene.  Keep an eye on the menu board at top right. 

My Emby connect username is:  Monkrocker

I enabled Debug options on the Roku app shortly before filming that clip.  If I understood the knowledge base correctly, this means it will send logs directly to you?  I have attached the latest log from the server, as well. 

Thanks in advance.

embyserver-63733793556.txt

Edited by Monkrocker

• Solution

Hi.  There is an option in the app settings to burn these in for proper formatting.  Set that to "Yes".

Monkrocker
39 minutes ago, ebr said:

Hi.  There is an option in the app settings to burn these in for proper formatting.  Set that to "Yes".

Boom.  You are both a gentleman and a scholar, sir.