Live TV stops after a couple of minutes

heretostay
Go to solution Solved by heretostay,

heretostay

I have been running Mediabrowser for a couple of years on my HTPC's but just installed the server and Mediabrowser classic earlier this week. Everything is running great with the exception below. 

Having an issue where live tv will start up, run for a couple of minutes and then just stop. Logs for server and trans-coding are attached. I have tried this by running through an android device as well as one of my htpc's that are hardwired on my lan. I even tried it on the same pc that has the server installed. Same results every time. Running hdhomerun prime for the tuners and serverWMC for the service. 

Thank you in advance for any assistance. 

server-63543084539.txttranscode-cb1ee4e7-b2ee-414b-b8db-e33e90133ba6.txt

krustyreturns

In the serverwmc log it shows that MBS is closing the stream

2014/08/08 16:23:25.065 Received client request: MediaBrowser^@HP-I7-BASEMENT@0|CloseLiveStream
2014/08/08 16:23:25.065 CloseStream> -----------------start------------------------

I don't know why that is happening.  What web browser are you using? 

heretostay

For that log it was IE On a hardwired Pc on my local Lan. Get the same results using Google Chrome. Also on Android Chrome and Dolphin Browser.

krustyreturns

Did you see the other comments on the thread I linked to about what others did who had this problem?  We really need someone from the mbs team to comment. 

it's hard to say. it appears the client is disconnecting because it sees something it doesn't like in the encoded video. i can't reproduce the problem, but i'll keep an eye out for it.

heretostay

Ok, a quick update. Thinking about this and what the issue could be as I was falling asleep last night, I figured the best next course of action would be to clean up the computer that has the server installed on it and start more testing. I uninstalled over a dozen apps that i no longer use (should have kept track of them so I could have documented it in here...sorry) one of which was an older version of Mediabrowser (have no idea if this would cause any issues or not). The only other thing I did was update Avast (virus software). Rebooted and everything seems to be working fine now. Watched live tv from another pc on the network for over 30 minutes. Also tested out via Android phone (Samsung s4) using Dolphin browser for over 20 minutes. 

Long story short I must have had some conflicting software installed but seems to be working great now. I'll keep testing and post back if it looks like the issue is still there, but I am very optimistic. 

Thank you all for your help. 

krustyreturns

The worst thing about this problem is everybody seems to find a different solution for it.  Did you keep the delay buffer change, or set it back to the default?

heretostay

I kept the delay change in. To that point, I may have spoken too soon. When I was getting the good results, it was right after a fresh reboot of the system. I have been noticing this issue coming back as the day went on, but I am also running mcebuddy on the same machine that is pegging the cpu close to 100%. I have uninstalled mcebuddy (will run it on another pc) and will continue to test. I'll let you know if things go south again. 

krustyreturns

If mcebuddy is the cause there is a kind of 'friendly' mode you can run it in that makes it play nicer with serverwmc.  But I agree, lets see if that's the difference first.

heretostay

Ok, another update. I've had some time today so been messing with it most of the day. Even with mcbuddy uninstalled, started having the issue again. Did a quick check on windows update for this computer (older i7, Windows 7), needed 58 updates. Did them, started testing, problem was coming back. One thing that I was thinking about last night was the fact that I have my record folder on my E: drive (internal but an older/slower drive). So, changed the record drive to my C: drive. Rebooted everything and started testing. So far, so good. Have been running live tv (not all at once) on 2 different pc's and my cell phone. Switching channels and all. Looking real good at this point. I'll keep testing and let you know if this seems to be the solution for me. 

• Solution
heretostay

So  final update. I have re-installed mcebuddy and the system continues to be stable. Been running multiple tests with local pc's, cell phone and tablet. Everything is working great. So, my solution seems to be the change from the recording drive being switched from my E: drive to my C: drive on media center. 

Thanks for the feedback and help.