Issues with Nvidia Shield app

d-e-n

Are there known issues with the Nvidia Shield app? It used to work flawlessly but since this weekend I hardly can't play  TV-shows I recorded.  The file rarely starts playing and when it starts it lags. 

Files are recorded by DVB link server and I have got a version of Premiere.  Playing on my Android phone doesn't give any problems. 

Hi,

Thanks.  The screenshot itself is not so exciting: een blue circle on screen while lagging.  This is the latest logfile on the server, which is a Windows 10 pc.

Could it be an update screwed up the transcoding settings?

embyserver.txt

Hi.  Make sure your graphics drivers are up to date or, if one just recently updated, maybe try rolling it back.  Have you customized your hardware acceleration settings?

For as far as

21 hours ago, ebr said:

Hi.  Make sure your graphics drivers are up to date or, if one just recently updated, maybe try rolling it back.  Have you customized your hardware acceleration settings?

For as far as I know the server only had some Windows security updates.  De Nvidia Shield has had an update but I wonder what that update could change regarding the player settings?

Maybe a solution: in the Emby app on Android TV I found the setting "allow direct play of TS files".  I can't remember changing this setting but turning it on does help for now. 

Edited by d-e-n

Your issue is not on the Shield.  It is related to trying to use hardware acceleration on the server.

57 minutes ago, Luke said:

Are your Intel graphics drivers up to date?

I do the regular updates but should this matter? Because the same file worked fine a week ago.

And should a Nvidia Shield need hardware acceleration on the server? The  "allow direct play of TS files". seems to do something