Emby Server using Channels DVR as tuner.

kennyb3653

kennyb3653

Very recently developers from FancyBits "Channels DVR" have added a feature to stream url's by way of m3u playlist.  This made way for Channels DVR to act as a tuner to allow TV Everywhere access.  An issue occurs that when any client connected through Emby tuning in a stream from Channels DVR, closes abruptly, that the stream never closes the connection.  When the Emby app is reopened to stream again it opens a new connection leaving the older airing active.  This is causing the Emby Server to become very unstable and video freezing and buffering.  Only way to cleanly close the active connection is to gracefully back out to the exit.  I mean gracefully like 5 secs for each back step.  What can be done to allow Emby Server to properly close these connections.

Edited by kennyb3653

kennyb3653

I hope this can be rectified.  Having TV Everywhere access through Emby has been my wish for a couple of years.  Now that its possible to stream TVE channels with Emby's great Guide UI is like having my old Tivo DVR.  Developers with Channels DVR has made great improvements over the last couple of years and I love it.  But the interface is not great.  With the new feature they added and using Channels DVR as a tuner makes it possible to have the real DVR experience but,  closing the streams properly in Emby is necessary to work.

kennyb3653

Behavior with the Emby app on Fire TV Cube and Fire TV 4K

What I notice now that I have my Channels DVR as a tuner like a HdHomeRun,  On My FireTV ,  If I'm watching a channel on Emby App, it opens a stream from my Channels DVR via Emby Server,  If I don't close out using the back button but the home button the stream never disconnects from the Channels DVR.  Same thing happens if I stop the application from the Fire TV settings.  Only way to to then disconnect the connection , is to reboot the Emby Server.  This behavior doesn't occur if recording 1 or more streams.  So Emby app is not disconnecting from the Emby server properly and the server doesn't close the stream to the Channels DVR.  This causing multiple streams open and the Server becomes unstable.

Edited by kennyb3653