Multiple Episode in Parts

leeknight1981

leeknight1981

Hi Guy’s 

Can’t figure this out! 
So iv added Doctor Who for my dad when I log into Emby on iMac - web browser I can see it says Selection and shows me say parts 1-4 

but on Apple TV it only shows Epp 1 with No Parts 

is it a setting I need to change? As he doesn’t have a laptop etc only an Apple TV 

TIA 

L33

B850BAB3-C7AF-4C4E-B682-05ED990D3E17.jpeg

2BD003B2-E7F7-4051-8E92-C07B0E7BC888.jpeg

leeknight1981

I didn’t tag them this is how they come! I dropped em into FileBot but it stayed the same I assume who ever compiled them has done the S01E01 in parts not sure why. But it buy and rip the DVD’s would cost a fortune and take a decade. 

ill have to tag manually I think 

cheers 

L33 

42E2C6D7-5812-4CCB-84F4-34D304EB6540.jpeg

9F26F5D1-0E9F-4F71-AAED-3949208E2BDC.jpeg

Edited by leeknight1981

Happy2Play

But I can see having all of these parts in a single folder named S01E01 and files named the same being a issue.  As shown from TVDB they are individual episodes and need to be named accordingly.

I don't see how two clients would be looking at these differently as shown in first post though.

Edited by Happy2Play

leeknight1981

Yeah I’ll have to manually tag the lot I Guess, I didn’t understand how the web browser shows you can watch individual parts where as Apple TV doesn’t 

cheers 

L33 

Happy2Play
4 minutes ago, leeknight1981 said:

Yeah I’ll have to manually tag the lot I Guess, I didn’t understand how the web browser shows you can watch individual parts where as Apple TV doesn’t 

cheers 

L33 

But Apple TV is as your picture shows each episode as a item, but personally don't understand how as it should be showing multiversion like the web client.  But from a provider metadata standpoint if all the information can from TVDB, technically Apple TV is showing proper order as shown from TVDB image.

The naming scheme is also confusing, so a question still is do the nfo files have metadata corresponding to naming scheme or proper metadata from provider ignoring naming scheme?

leeknight1981

I honestly don’t know about the .nfo data I’ll go threw and try tag manually using the names and tvdb. I’ll drag the entire folder out tv shows folder and tag them then drop the entire folder back in when as correct as I can get. 

Happy2Play

I would have thought filebot would have done everything for you.

leeknight1981

I would too but when I ran it threw it didn’t do anything using tvdb option! Will post a picture in the morning of filebot as done a 12 hour shift and my head hurts :) 

L33 

Deathsquirrel

I can't say why you're getting different results in different clients.  I can say this isn't a supported structure and your episode numbers are wrong so you're going to get some odd results.  Here is the TV naming wiki:  https://support.emby.media/support/solutions/articles/44001159110-tv-naming

If you follow the naming wiki and match your titles to your metadata provider of choice, you'll have great success and it's FAR less effort than your current structure.

I recommend this, assuming you use TVDB as your primary TV metadata provider:

• \\server\share\Doctor Who\Season 01\Doctor Who S01E01- An Unearthly Child (1).avi
  • \\server\share\Doctor Who\Season 01\Doctor Who S01E02 The Cave of Skulls (2).avi
  • \\server\share\Doctor Who\Season 01\Doctor Who S01E03 The Forest of Fear (3).avi
  • \\server\share\Doctor Who\Season 01\Doctor Who S01E04 The Firemaker (4).avi

I recommend pulling the entire show out, scanning, renaming/organizing the files, and then drop the show back in your TV share and doing a library scan.  Should be just fine after that.

I would also convert those AVIs to MKVs and probably convert them from MPEG2 to MP4, assuming these are DVD rips.  Both of those changes will reduce server-side transcoding requirements.

• Like 1

Happy2Play
36 minutes ago, Deathsquirrel said:

I can say this isn't a supported structure

It isn't in the KB but episode level folder are supported, but yes the overall naming will be a issue as it currently is multi-version of said episode example S01E01 is one episode not 4.

Thinking about it the Apple TV may be correct as I believe you select version at time of playback but a device user or dev will have to comment.

Further looking at the images All metadata is wrong and showing episode order but the media is not in episode order.  The structure order of S01E02 is The Daleks, but as shown in images it is metadata provider S01E02 The Cave of Skulls (2).  So every episode in the UI does not correspond with proper episodes.

So a complete restructure and renaming will be required.

@Luke@ebr Does that sound correct.

leeknight1981
7 hours ago, Deathsquirrel said:

I can't say why you're getting different results in different clients.  I can say this isn't a supported structure and your episode numbers are wrong so you're going to get some odd results.  Here is the TV naming wiki:  https://support.emby.media/support/solutions/articles/44001159110-tv-naming

If you follow the naming wiki and match your titles to your metadata provider of choice, you'll have great success and it's FAR less effort than your current structure.

I recommend this, assuming you use TVDB as your primary TV metadata provider:

• \\server\share\Doctor Who\Season 01\Doctor Who S01E01- An Unearthly Child (1).avi
  • \\server\share\Doctor Who\Season 01\Doctor Who S01E02 The Cave of Skulls (2).avi
  • \\server\share\Doctor Who\Season 01\Doctor Who S01E03 The Forest of Fear (3).avi
  • \\server\share\Doctor Who\Season 01\Doctor Who S01E04 The Firemaker (4).avi

I recommend pulling the entire show out, scanning, renaming/organizing the files, and then drop the show back in your TV share and doing a library scan.  Should be just fine after that.

I would also convert those AVIs to MKVs and probably convert them from MPEG2 to MP4, assuming these are DVD rips.  Both of those changes will reduce server-side transcoding requirements.

Yea it’s something I downloaded unfortunately so I have had no input on them, When I Rip using MakeMKV I follow the normal profile S01E00 S01E01 and so on. I’m not going to bother changing the formats tbh as it is only for my dad and my server has 32 3.33GHz cores and a P2000 GPU but I’ll manually tag it myself as I know how the tagging should be but never seen it done like that in parts. And being able to select which part in one client and not another threw me :) 

thanks Guy’s