Android TV library issue

Demarki

When clicking back after checking the home page of a movie it sends me back to the beginning of the movie selection page

I don't have this issue on my PC but I do have it on my Sony A8H android TV. I have around 500 movies on a folder and every time I click on a movie to read the synopsis and I decide to go back to check other movies as well it returns me to the beginning of the movie selection page so it forces me to scroll down all the way in order to find the spot I was before - which can be extremely annoying to the point I prefer checking the movie on my phone instead of clicking on Emby. It's one of those features that can be the deciding factor whether to purchase Emby Premium or not, ease of use and convenience are very important.

Can you guys please look into this? Thank you and great job! :)

Edited by Abobader
thread title too long

Hello Demarki,

Please wait for someone from staff support or our members to reply to you.

It's recommended to provide more info, as it explain in this thread:

Thank you.

Emby Team

GrimReaper
Just now, Demarki said:

I don't have this issue on my PC but I do have it on my Sony A8H android TV. I have around 500 movies on a folder and every time I click on a movie to read the synopsis and I decide to go back to check other movies as well it returns me to the beginning of the movie selection page so it forces me to scroll down all the way in order to find the spot I was before - which can be extremely annoying to the point I prefer checking the movie on my phone instead of clicking on Emby. It's one of those features that can be the deciding factor whether to purchase Emby Premium or not, ease of use and convenience are very important.

Can you guys please look into this? Thank you and great job! :)

Are you positive you ain't clicking "Back" twice - or your remote registering it as 2 clicks? In any Library, single click from Details view should take you back to exact spot where you were while browsing in Library view and next "Back" click would take you to first item in that particular Library. Additional one would take you to Home screen. 

Edited by GrimReaper76
Append

6 hours ago, GrimReaper76 said:

Are you positive you ain't clicking "Back" twice - or your remote registering it as 2 clicks? In any Library, single click from Details view should take you back to exact spot where you were while browsing in Library view and next "Back" click would take you to first item in that particular Library. Additional one would take you to Home screen. 

Hi.  Yes, this is my question as well.  A single back should take you right back to the poster you came from.

23 hours ago, GrimReaper76 said:

17 hours ago, ebr said:

Hi.  Yes, this is my question as well.  A single back should take you right back to the poster you came from.

I made a video to demonstrate this. I only click back once on my TV remove and it throws me back to the beginning of the movie page. See for yourselves. :)

GrimReaper

You might download one of the Android TV Remote Controls for your mobile, link it up to your TV and see how it behaves controlled from there, maybe narrow it down to software or hardware (physical remote) issue. Or it may be that particular Sony's Android iteration doesn't play nice with Emby or vice-versa. Or you might Uninstall/Re-install Emby client app, that has been known to solve some occassional glitches. 🤷‍♂️

With the orientation of that video, I cannot see where focus is landing when you return.  Where is it?

I was checking out Red Eyes and once I hit back it threw me back at the very beginning of the list to the movie called 71 (the first one alphabetically)