1080p24 playback

LeftForPlex

LeftForPlex

All,

I've now switched to allowing MBC to play all content, including bluray's via the built in player.  With all the Codec's installed this is working well right now.  Am I right though in that using this method movies which are 1080p24 capable will still only be played in 1080p60?

Just want to make sure I'm not doing something wrong.

Thanks!

Neither MBC nor WMC can switch the frame rate but, I think, some 3rd party addons (such as media control) may be able to.

Cheesegeezer

All,

I've now switched to allowing MBC to play all content, including bluray's via the built in player.  With all the Codec's installed this is working well right now.  Am I right though in that using this method movies which are 1080p24 capable will still only be played in 1080p60?

Just want to make sure I'm not doing something wrong.

Thanks!

Neither MBC nor WMC can switch the frame rate but, I think, some 3rd party addons (such as media control) may be able to.

Even MediaControl is not stable enough, believe me I've tried. It sometimes forgets to set it back to 50/60Hz after you press stop or the movie finishes , leaving a very undesirable MBC UI, which inevitably forces you to restart MBC.

I gave up on it.

Biomorph

Even MediaControl is not stable enough, believe me I've tried. It sometimes forgets to set it back to 50/60Hz after you press stop or the movie finishes , leaving a very undesirable MBC UI, which inevitably forces you to restart MBC.

I gave up on it.

I use MediaControl, sometimes while scrolling through the WMC menus it will flick back to 50Hz (PAL region) but mostly if I really want it scrolling smoothly again I switch to Live TV and this sets the refresh back to 50Hz, no need to restart.

Edited by Biomorph