Using sony tv to play H.265 movies with lag (or frame loss?)

PSE1932

I tried to play H.265 movies locally on sony tv with emby and most of the movies lagged (and arguably lost frames), the flat size of these movies was around 2GB (it should be noted that direct playback is what lags, transcoding does not lag)

On the other hand, all H.264 in my NAS has no problem when played with EMBY.

Strangely enough, I have three or four 4K level H.265 movies in my NAS that play very smoothly (direct playback, no transcoding), while the rest of the 1080P, H.265 movies lag instead.

My NAS device CPU is i3 4005U and my emby server is running in docker,I have emby version 1.8.54 installed on my TV for Android and my server version is 4.5.4.0

Attached is my log when I try to play H.265 movie, hope someone can help me to answer my question, thank you very much.

My English is not very good, so I apologize in advance if there is anything I did not say clearly。

This is the information of the H.265 movie that appears to be stuck

1919927643_(1).png.2430083b8d120551a63197c495dcdbbd.png

This is the information of a 4K level H.265 movie without lagging

804920807_(2).thumb.png.7fcea1f0af3d1ae8b00a4bc0e3c3648e.png

embyserver.txt

Edited by PSE1932

Hi.  Do these two films reside on the same physical storage device?

Can you play the one with the issue for just long enough to exhibit the issue and then send a log from the app and provide details about exactly what happened?

Thanks.

10 hours ago, ebr said:

Can you play the one with the issue for just long enough to exhibit the issue and then send a log from the app and provide details about exactly what happened?

Thanks.

Yes,The two films reside on the same physical storage device.

AND I played the movie that was lagging (or losing frames) for about 30 minutes. Here is the emby log while playing.

embyserver.txt

14 hours ago, PenkethBoy said:

i have 2 sont tv's and can play movies etc fine

does your sony tv support Main10

I think my TV supports Main10, because I can play 4K,Main10 movies smoothly, but almost all the 1080P HEVC I download have lag (or frame loss, because the picture does not completely stuck still, just can feel not smooth when watching)

PenkethBoy

then i would run one of the affected movies through MKVToolNix and see if that fixes them

as sounds like a dodgy file(s)

29 minutes ago, PenkethBoy said:

then i would run one of the affected movies through MKVToolNix and see if that fixes them

as sounds like a dodgy file(s)

Yes, if I convert these H.265 movies in MP4 format to H.264 movies in MKV format, there will be no lag

12 hours ago, ebr said:

Thanks.

I found that all the 1080P HEVC movies in my NAS are in .mp4 format, they all lag when playing, while the 4K HEVC movies I downloaded in MKV format can be played smoothly, is it because of the MP4 format?

NB: If i play the movie from emby in any quality less or equal than 720P 2MBPS ,with CC OFF the movie plays very well with no lags 

Thank you for your help

Edited by PSE1932

On 1/29/2021 at 5:13 AM, ebr said:

Thanks.

It seems that I have accidentally set this issue as solved, could you please give me some help based on the information I provided earlier

7 hours ago, PSE1932 said:

It seems that I have accidentally set this issue as solved, could you please give me some help based on the information I provided earlier

Hi. Please follow the instructions in that link to send a log from the app.

Thanks.