Xteve release stream question.

Shidapu

Shidapu

Hello, im having issues with the IPTV function of Emby.

My setup consist of Xteve, that emby fetches the channels and EPG from.

The issue:
Emby doesn't release the active streams if you change channels to fast. Meaning the maxium amount of streams you have provided for Emby via Xteve, gets filled up quickly, and eventually gives you error "No streams available". 

Restarting Emby, releases the streams in Xteve to 0 again, and you can continue watching TV once again in Emby.

Please send help!

embyserver-63747175139.txt ffmpeg-remux-3d346c79-8768-420d-a99d-2cffc2c199b5_1.txt

Hi, When ever changing channels in Emby allow the channel to start playing before changing the channel otherwise it hasn't started and it won't be able to tell the Server to stop playing.  Then it can take a bit of time for Emby to close the channel down when it see's it's not in use.

Emby doesn't release the active streams if you change channels to fast. 

Hi, what do you mean by this? How are you doing this?

Shidapu
1 hour ago, cayars said:

Hi, When ever changing channels in Emby allow the channel to start playing before changing the channel otherwise it hasn't started and it won't be able to tell the Server to stop playing.  Then it can take a bit of time for Emby to close the channel down when it see's it's not in use.

Ive tried to wait it out, but once Emby gets a hold of a stream, it wont release it untill i restart the emby server.

7 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi, what do you mean by this? How are you doing this?

In the Xteve log, it shows my active streams whenever someone stops watching, and when someone starts watching again in Emby. It automagicly releases the streams once someone stops watching a TV channel.

The problem is that Emby somehow continue to use the streams and doesnt release them if people switch channels too fast. If i restart the Emby server, the channels are released in Xteve log.

Shidapu
12 minutes ago, Luke said:

How exactly are you changing fast?

Going back on the controller on Nvidia shield, and pressing play on another channel. If I do it after 1-5 seconds after closing the first channel, there's a 25% chance that it doesn't release the stream.

If I view a channel that errors out of some sort because of issue with provider, there's a 75-90% chance that it won't release the active stream.

Would it be fair to say this happens only when you change to a different channel before the previous one starts playing?

Shidapu
Just now, ebr said:

Would it be fair to say this happens only when you change to a different channel before the previous one starts playing?

That depends if the channels doesn't have any issues at the start. If the channel works great to stream, and I go back and pick another channel, there's a 25% chance the stream gets stuck.

If the channels gives me an error while trying to stream it, it usually gets stuck untill I reboot the emby server.

If there's a problem with the channel that something we need to figure out, but try waiting until it times out itself and see if this help you.

Shidapu
13 hours ago, cayars said:

If there's a problem with the channel that something we need to figure out, but try waiting until it times out itself and see if this help you.

Well the thing is I've tried waiting it out half a day, but still stuck. The only solution is to restart the emby server if I wanna be able to stream IPTV. 😞

Spaceboy

hmm - i dont see this. which version of xteve are you using and do you have any buffering enabled in xteve if v2?

Shidapu
6 hours ago, Spaceboy said:

hmm - i dont see this. which version of xteve are you using and do you have any buffering enabled in xteve if v2?

I do have Xteve buffering enabled at 4MB. Running latest version of xteve.

If I disable buffering, most channels has buffering issues. So I really need it activated.

Spaceboy
10 minutes ago, Shidapu said:

I do have Xteve buffering enabled at 4MB. Running latest version of xteve.

If I disable buffering, most channels has buffering issues. So I really need it activated.

but if you disable buffering do you see the same issues with streams not being released?

• 2 weeks later...
Shidapu
On 1/26/2021 at 1:22 PM, Spaceboy said:

Im running V2. And i use Xteve Buffering at 2MB. 
It's been working much better lately, cannot use ffmpeg nor VLC, as those introduce more issues.

On 1/26/2021 at 8:27 PM, Spaceboy said:

but if you disable buffering do you see the same issues with streams not being released?

If i disable buffering, some channels will have buffering issues.
But the channels seems to release better without buffering enabled in xteve, but with xteve standard buffering the channels have released as they should so far.

I will continue to investigate, but as right now, i need to have buffering enabled to enjoy buffer free streams of IPTV.

Shidapu

After some investigation, I've noticed that the only difference between non buffering and buffering directly inside Xteve, Is how the logs outputs if stream is stuck or not. If I dont use buffering on Xteve, I will never know if a stream is stuck or not, meaning that my Emby users can continue streaming untill everything goes black on Emby, meaning i still need to do a restart of the emby server, for it to release the streams.

Using Buffering on Xteve atleast gives me a hint when the total buffer streams has been achieved, and then i can do a manual reboot of emby server if it reaches 90% usage of total streams.

I have also reported the issue at Xteve Github as a bug. Not sure why this all happens, but seems to be caused by issues with the IPTV host, with different errors causing the stream to be stuck.

Heres one  error that i've seen so far in Xteve thats causing these issues:
[xTeVe] [ERROR] No response from streaming server () - EC: 0