Samsung App - Audio ONLY for some movies

Dalee2010

Dalee2010

Hi, I searched around a little bit, and I don't think this topic as been started, I have a Samsung Smart TV that I run the Emby client on. My server is ran on a Synology 218+ (running beta, but this also happened on the latest stable release.)

Some movies/television shows will show a black screen but play the audio. I can play this movie/tv show on my laptop and on my phone, however on my TVs it'll only play the audio. 

Dalee2010
13 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi there, can we please look at an example? Please attach the information requested in how to report a media playback issue. thanks !

Thank you for the quick response. I'll attach the full (todays) log. The movie in question that I'm trying to play is American Pie Girls Rule. I started the playback around the timestamp 2021-01-24 14:44:13.557

Thanks so much!

embyserver.txt

Can you provide a copy of the media info for this .avi file from the bottom of the web app detail screen? Thanks.

No, t hat's the stats feature in the video player.  I'm referring to the media info for this .avi file from the bottom of the web app detail screen. Thanks.

Happy2Play
1 minute ago, Luke said:

I'm referring tthe media info for this .avi file from the bottom of the web app detail screen.

But it is not a avi file.  But would appear to be h264/AAC/MKV

2021-01-24 09:17:30.910 Info LibraryMonitor: American Pie Presents: Girls' Rules (/volume1/homes/dalee2010/Drive/Movies/American.Pie.Presents.Girls.Rules.2020.720p.BluRay.800MB.x264-GalaxyRG.mkv) will be refreshed.

Dalee2010
10 minutes ago, Luke said:

No, t hat's the stats feature in the video player.  I'm referring to the media info for this .avi file from the bottom of the web app detail screen. Thanks.

My apologies, I believe this is what you're looking for!

image.thumb.png.88a8ea324f872bd856cfe4e9f1063648.png

What model is your TV and what version of the app are you using?

The stats for nerds screenshot does not look like it is from the Samsung app

Dalee2010

It's a 55" Samsung KS800D 4K tv. Maybe a couple years old or so? 

Not sure on app version since I'm not near my tv at the moment. I do know auto update is on, and I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the TV app. A quick search turns up that the app on the Samsung store hasn't been updated since '16

"Appstore Overview - Emby G16180008085 | Samsung TV & Blu-ray Apps" https://www.samsung.com/us/appstore/app/G16180008085

FrostByte

K= 2016, plus your log also says you're running Tizen 2.4 which is 2016

Smart TV - Build | Samsung Developers

To find the app version go to settings (gear icon) and it should be at the bottom of the page.  However, looking at your log you're running 1.0.88

Also, if you go to the actual Samsung store on your TV it will show you the latest version and the installed version of the app

Ignore that link you posted, it isn't updated anymore by Samsung

client=emby&X-Emby-Client=Emby for Samsung&X-Emby-Device-Name=Samsung Smart TV (UN55KS800D)&X-Emby-Device-Id=34c4dae1-6f21-4683-bd2e-1109b538106a&X-Emby-Client-Version=1.0.88. UserAgent: Mozilla/5.0 (SMART-TV; Linux; Tizen 2.4.0) 

Edited by FrostByte

5 hours ago, Dalee2010 said:

Sure thing! I'm assuming you mean this:

image.png.473b3b74be79bda02277d78e8ae1066e.png

Is this Stats for Nerds from the TV or browser?  Samsung TV doesn’t use the Web Video Player. If it is from the TV then we have a different problem 

• Like 1

Dalee2010
13 hours ago, SamES said:

Is this Stats for Nerds from the TV or browser?  Samsung TV doesn’t use the Web Video Player. If it is from the TV then we have a different problem 

I pulled this specifically off the web player, I just grabbed the wrong thing that @Luke was asking for.

15 hours ago, FrostByte said:

K= 2016, plus your log also says you're running Tizen 2.4 which is 2016

Smart TV - Build | Samsung Developers

To find the app version go to settings (gear icon) and it should be at the bottom of the page.  However, looking at your log you're running 1.0.88

Also, if you go to the actual Samsung store on your TV it will show you the latest version and the installed version of the app

Ignore that link you posted, it isn't updated anymore by Samsung

client=emby&X-Emby-Client=Emby for Samsung&X-Emby-Device-Name=Samsung Smart TV (UN55KS800D)&X-Emby-Device-Id=34c4dae1-6f21-4683-bd2e-1109b538106a&X-Emby-Client-Version=1.0.88. UserAgent: Mozilla/5.0 (SMART-TV; Linux; Tizen 2.4.0) 

I went into the App store, it gave me the description of Emby, the user ratings as well as screenshots of the app, but I saw no version unfortunately. But you're probably right about it being 1.0.88.

Thanks for confirming, I just wanted to make sure that we didn't have an issue with the app using the wrong player.

If you go to the settings in the client (top RHS) it should have the version number at the bottom of that page, but from the log I can see it is 1.0.88

On 25/01/2021 at 01:34, Dalee2010 said:

Some movies/television shows will show a black screen but play the audio. I can play this movie/tv show on my laptop and on my phone, however on my TVs it'll only play the audio

Well this is a problem that I don't recall being an issue on Samsung TV's.  If it was just the one file then I would suggest that the file has an issue, but as you are seeing this on several files then it seems unusual.

If you want to PM a link to one of the files that I can download from you I will try it out and see if I can reproduce the problem.