Transcode log.. Live TV What do you see?

pir8radio

pir8radio

What is going on here?   IPTV Stream dropping out?    but why   "Seek to start"  (i didnt seek) and "Function not implemented"  

image.thumb.png.9867146971e86d5af0589641796c439e.png

pir8radio

any input from anyone, trying to troubleshoot this tonight.   Happening like every 20-120 seconds.    

pir8radio
34 minutes ago, Luke said:

What problem are you having?

i think its an iptv stream issue...  just wondering what you see in that transcode log...      When watching on emby the stream just kicks you back to the guide like every 20-120 seconds..  all of the logs look the same as the one above....  all goes well, no buffering, then everyone just gets booted back to the guide...     can start the stream right back up no issues. 

Edited by pir8radio

Happy2Play
9 minutes ago, pir8radio said:

I'll PM...   do you want emby logs or transcode logs?

I would say both.

pir8radio
8 hours ago, neik said:

So, what was the result of the analyzes?

Is this solved @pir8radio?
If so, what was the reason for the issue and the solution?

Thank you!

they are still waiting on me to provide logs..    I have been slacking.      sending today.    LOGS SENT

Edited by pir8radio
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 2/12/2021 at 6:40 PM, Luke said:

@softworkz may have some thoughts on that message.

What were @softworkz thoughts on this?

I just had the same last night:

21:30:14.722 [hls @ 0x203f8c0] Skip ('#EXT-X-VERSION:3')
21:30:14.722 [https @ 0x206ec40] Opening 'https://xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/15012216_485.ts' for reading
21:30:14.890 frame= 7006 fps= 60 q=-1.0 size=   78315kB time=00:02:20.10 bitrate=5223.6kbits/s throttle=off speed=1.05x    
21:30:14.933 Seek to start failed.
21:30:14.933 https://xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/zzzzzzzzzzzz.m3u8: Operation not permitted
21:30:14.935 21:30:14.935 [segment @ 0x20c6ec0] Opening '/var/lib/emby/transcoding-temp/2FFA27.m3u8.tmp' for writing
21:30:14.936 SegmentComplete=video:0 Index=46 Start=138.280000 End=141.480000 Duration=3.200000 offset_pts=0 start_pts=138280000 Frames=158 filename=hls/2FFA27/2FFA27_46.ts
21:30:14.936 frame= 7068 fps= 60 q=-1.0 Lsize=   78927kB time=00:02:21.34 bitrate=5211.7kbits/s throttle=off speed=1.06x    
21:30:14.936 video:76702kB audio:2224kB subtitle:0kB other streams:0kB global headers:0kB muxing overhead: 0.000000%
    Last message repeated 1 times
21:30:14.936 EXIT
21:30:14.937 [aac @ 0x2099440] Qavg: 158.853
21:30:14.937 

In all cases cases of tv provider streaming issues:

• Always start with changing your password at the tv provider
  • Next, enter the new password only in Emby Server - nowhere else and don't tell anybody
  • Then, try again and make sure that your simultaneous streams limit does not get hit

If that doesn't help:

• Install the Diagnostics Plugin
  • Configure ffmpeg log level to "Verbose" and reproduce
    We want to see the http error response code that are being received (if they don't show, debug log level might be required)
  • Use this information for creating a case with your provider

1 hour ago, cayars said:

Was this a regular streaming TV channel or VOD content?

Regular TV channel, not using VOD at all.

@softworkz, that is assuming the problem is on the providers end but in my case many times a channel has those hickups on Emby the exact same channel plays just fine on my PC using VLC.

So, not quite sure it is a provider issue alone...

Iirc the settings we set using the diagnostic plugin get resetted once the server gets restarted, right?

6 minutes ago, neik said:

@softworkz, that is assuming the problem is on the providers end but in my case many times a channel has those hickups on Emby the exact same channel plays just fine on my PC using VLC.

Not quite and I'm not assuming anything.

The upper part is about making sure that your password hasn't been compromised and your streams limit doesn't get exceeded. 

Other clients might retry/reload more aggressively and could even hide a problem like that (I can't say anything specific about VLC).

Now it needs to be understood, that the log that is shown in the OP is an ffmpeg log. In case of HLS, Emby uses ffmpeg as HLS client and lets it do all the work (these things will all change in the future, but we're not there yet..).

On the other side, almost all of those providers are using ffmpeg for creating and delivering the streams. And on the client side, we have ffmpeg again. There's actually not "much Emby" in this game. So when an ffmpeg  as HLS client cannot reliably receive an HLS video stream generated by ffmpeg at the server side, then this is something that needs to be reported to the provider rather than Emby. The only responsibility of Emby in this situation are the parameters used to run ffmpeg, but it's very unlikely that this could cause a problem with these specifics.

PS: Just for clarity - what I'm saying here is valid for HLS. In the case of continuous MPEGTS streams via http, Emby is responsible for receiving those streams.

I suppose this could be easily proven/tested by using ffmpeg standalone to record a stream and see if there is any problems this way.

I'm sure that there won't be any different behavior between ffmpeg running "outside" or "inside" Emby (given the same command), because "inside" is  still out-of-process.

Guys, please follow the instructions that I have given above from top to bottom; that provides the best chances to get behind this with the least effort.

neik

@softworkz, I will send you a (verbose) log from a channel that only showed a spinning circle on Emby and at the same time played just fine on VLC (both on my PC).
I don't see anything special in that log but maybe you could have a look in a spare minute (or two).

• Like 1