Chromecast - resume with subtitles??

cgrey000

cgrey000

Just started really playing with the Android client and a chromecast in a "spare room" TV.

How do yo resume a video that has subtitle?  Unless I'm missing something, to enable subtitles for chromecast playback, you have to choose "advanced play" (after connecting to the chromecast), then select the subtitle, then choose "play". There's no "resume" option from the advanced play dialog, and no subtitle option if you click the "resume" button from the main screen.

Is this missing, or just hidden somewhere else?

Thanks

Edit: Now that I think about it - there doesn't seem to be a way to resume with subtitles for local play on the android device itself, either... ?

Edited by cgrey000

Redshirt

The Android client that's currently in beta testing will allow you to pick a different subtitle/audio track after playback has started. Not a complete solution but it's better than what's currently there.

• Like 1

cgrey000

The Android client that's currently in beta testing will allow you to pick a different subtitle/audio track after playback has started. Not a complete solution but it's better than what's currently there.

Awesome - I'm not missing anything and improvements continue to keep coming.

You're doing a great job with this - I've been playing with the enire ecosystem on and off for months now (primarily XBMB3C) and it;s really been coming along, Keep up the fantastic work. I've personally found MB becoming more and more part of my HTPC experience as it improves and works out the kinks.

Redshirt

This is now fixed in the internal betas. With the next public release, users will be able to select subtitle and audio streams when resuming. Not just for Chromecast.