Certain channels now fails to start

simonselmer

simonselmer

I have some channels that will not start streaming, which I normally do not have any issues with.

When I try to start the channel, it goes it black screen, and the circle things goes around. I cannot stop it or go back. I have to terminate the tab/app.
On the Emby dashboard, nothing has even started, and HDHomeRun also does not show any channels are being started.

A few days ago I switched to getting EPG data from EPG.best.
Can that have anything to do with it?

Tuner: HD HomeRun
Server: 4.6.0.10 beta on Synology
Client: Have testet with Chrome browser on more laptops, Emby Windows app, and also on my Android mobile, all fails.

I attach my log, I hope somebody can give me an idea how to solve this.

Thank you in advance

See the attached log where the errors starts at 2021-01-22 10:39:07.850

embyserver2021-01-22.txt

simonselmer

And just to mention, I have restartet (unpluged power) the HDHomeRun several times, and also restartet Emby, and also the synology server.

Also, the channels that will not start in Emby, works fine when I copy the stream-link from HDHomeRun to VLC.

Jason'sEmby

Only thought I had was the tuner was tied up (tuner lock) and that's why there's a black screen that happens to me quite a bit and I have to restart the server but as you mentioned above you've already restarted it. Another thing you can try, use a different client device other than Chrome for testing. I just came back to emby but I think I remember about two years ago when I was on emby I had a similar issue with chrome and I tried a Roku and it worked fine, it has something to do with the Chrome browser. Sorry I can't remember exactly what it was.

simonselmer

Hi. I'm also monitoring the HDHomerun status, because yes, it does happen that a channel starts, but is not shut down on hdhomerun.
But I DO check that there are available slots, so that's not it.

I now also removed the the tuner from Emby and added the tuner again, without EPG data, just trying the play the channel, same results.

I have no idea what happpened.

About the client, I have other people in the house connected from different kinds og devices, all have the same issue with the same channels

7 hours ago, simonselmer said:

I have some channels that will not start streaming, which I normally do not have any issues with.

When I try to start the channel, it goes it black screen, and the circle things goes around. I cannot stop it or go back. I have to terminate the tab/app.
On the Emby dashboard, nothing has even started, and HDHomeRun also does not show any channels are being started.

A few days ago I switched to getting EPG data from EPG.best.
Can that have anything to do with it?

Tuner: HD HomeRun
Server: 4.6.0.10 beta on Synology
Client: Have testet with Chrome browser on more laptops, Emby Windows app, and also on my Android mobile, all fails.

I attach my log, I hope somebody can give me an idea how to solve this.

Thank you in advance

See the attached log where the errors starts at 2021-01-22 10:39:07.850

embyserver2021-01-22.txt 1.92 MB · 0 downloads

Your log shows several channels used that were returning data.

If these aren't showing up in the HDHomeRun Status when refreshed then something is obviously wrong.

If this isn't playing in a particular client we'll need both server and clients logs to diagnose.

simonselmer

Hi

I must correct myself. Sometimes I see the channel start up in hdhomerun, other times not.

I just made a test now.
Client: Emby for Android TV, issue reproduced, and log sent at 09.54 Eastern Time.1
User logged in called "Stue"

I started a program called "Fem fede kokke" on the cannel called "TV 2 (Østjylla" which is my cannel number 2.
It went to black screen, and the the circle thing keept going around. After a minute I pressed "back" and sent the log.

On Emby server dashboard, the channel was shown as "running".
I attach the emby log and ffmpeg log.
In Server log, the errors begins at 2021-01-23 15:54:47.877

But HDHomeRun status was empty, no tuners were utilized.

I hope this is sufficient to go after. Let me know if I need to do another test.

Regards Sim on

embyserver.txt ffmpeg-remux-7ad0ce6d-b971-45f3-930f-691918d48bf6_1.txt

simonselmer

Hold the horses. For some or any reason, the channels that did not work for several, also after restarting all units (routers, switches and much more), now work again!!!

At lest them work on Emby For Android TV, and for Android. They still do not seem to work in a Chrome browser.

Still, very wierd why they did not work for 5 days or so, and started working again

Thanks for the update on this.

If you want try playback in Chrome and then upload the server log and ffmpeg log generated and we can take a look.