Greetings again, great work, picking of nits

dark_slayer

dark_slayer

I'm back again :) Really great progress has been made

I really don't want the title "General picker of nits" but I thought I could share an observation and find some guidance on a workaround

Currently (as in today) I've loaded up MB3 server once again and tested a bunch of stuff from your new gotham repo on 13.2 beta3 osx 64 with the server build 3.0.5326.13255 running on w8.1x64 pro

There's one thing I've noticed in both MQ5 and Nox thus far that is not congruent with their untouched versions . . . 

When you enter your tv shows each individual series has to have it's viewtype set

Each time you set a viewtype it sticks. For example, I think nearly every view in nox either starts as tripanel or list. Once you change Recent Movies, Movies, TV Shows (all series view), etc the change persists.

However, when you change a single series (say you have 20 different tv series) to use something like shift / posters / etc as a viewtype the change only applies to that specific series. In the regular old xbmc way that viewtype would propagate to all tv series, and you wouldn't have to enter each series and change it

dark_slayer

I realize this is at the microscopic level of nitpicking, but I'm really used to XBMC :)

Great job on the actors / overviews / discart / etc

Another thing in my short experience thus far that I've noticed was that mq5 didn't yet support actors. Also, nox wasn't showing overview until I turned off overview in xbmb3c :) (I think, but I did change other stuff in between so that may be incorrect)

im85288

For the views you can set that via the addon itself: http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/7540-fr-setting-default-views/

Some skins have the option now in the skin settings (Eminence does for example) but others may still need it to be set on the addon.

MQ5 does need to be updated (or shown some love)...It was a skin I ported across as a request from users but one I am not using or intending to keep up to date too much. Eminence is my skin of choice and therefore get's updated with features like channels etc.

I'm not sure of your skill with xbmc skins, but if you fancy adapting MQ5 (xnappo looks after Nox) then you can submit a pull request here: https://github.com/im85288/skin.aeonmq5.xbmb3c to have it included.

dark_slayer

For the views you can set that via the addon itself: http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/7540-fr-setting-default-views/

Some skins have the option now in the skin settings (Eminence does for example) but others may still need it to be set on the addon.

MQ5 does need to be updated (or shown some love)...It was a skin I ported across as a request from users but one I am not using or intending to keep up to date too much. Eminence is my skin of choice and therefore get's updated with features like channels etc.

I'm not sure of your skill with xbmc skins, but if you fancy adapting MQ5 (xnappo looks after Nox) then you can submit a pull request here: https://github.com/im85288/skin.aeonmq5.xbmb3c to have it included.

Ah, thanks

I noticed that was an option in Skin Settings but it gave me a script failed error

Just tried again from the addon instead and . . . also got the script failed error (tried movies, seasons, episodes)

I have 0 skill with xbmc skins. I would fancy adapting mq5, really great skin. I doubt I can actually do it . . . I've looked into them and read a lot of the files inside and replaced some with others mods, etc. Never actually modded anything personally

xnappo

Do you have the addon from our repo? The XBMC hosted version does not have this feature.

xnappo

xnappo

Nevermind.

I see the problem - it looks like it has something to do with the XML parsing library.  What platform are you running on?

@ - do we have to put in all that junk to select the library we used to have before we switched to JSON?

xnappo

xnappo

Looks like I should use findall instead of iter for compatibility.  iter was added in Python 2.7.

I only have my phone with me though, so can't test :D

xnappo

dark_slayer

So I'm the only one getting a script error when trying to use the set views option?

Thanks for looking guys, also xnappo . . .

Yes from repo

Server build 3.0.5326.13255 w8.1x64

Client on 13.2 OSX x64

xnappo

Yeah, almost certainly the version of Python in the OSX XBMC package - as you can see from the poll, you may be the first using OSX as the client.

There is almost certainly a different version of ElementTree you can import, but I am handicapped in helping as I am on vacation with only my phone..

xnappo

xnappo

Okay, try replacing this line (toward the top of default.py):

import xml.etree.ElementTree as etree

With ONE of these (try them until one works):

import lxml.etree.ElementTree as etree
import xml.etree.cElementTree as etree
import cElementTree as etree
import elementtree.ElementTree as etree

I hope you appreciate that copy-paste fun on a phone LOL.

xnappo

• Like 1

dark_slayer

Okay, try replacing this line (toward the top of default.py):

import xml.etree.ElementTree as etree

With ONE of these (try them until one works):

import lxml.etree.ElementTree as etree
import xml.etree.cElementTree as etree
import cElementTree as etree
import elementtree.ElementTree as etree

I hope you appreciate that copy-paste fun on a phone LOL.

xnappo

Much appreciated

None of them allowed performance profiling to succeed without a script error, and lxml.etree as well as elementtree (1st and 4th) failed the script overall (couldn't enter xbmb3c at all)

The closest to success was xml.etree.cElementTree

-When attempting to set views it said "Error - Skin does not support setting views" as opposed to default prior to changing which said just gave the script failed error when trying to set any views

dark_slayer

Thanks a bunch for your time xener, but I don't really have much intention ironing out everything on osx. I was really only testing on my rMBP

Instead, I'll start testing in openelec instead

If that problem is osx specific then we could mark it as either "solved" or "don't care" :)

Though if someone else does have a need to get things more OSX-friendly in the future I'd be happy to help test changes like this

xnappo

What skin was active when you were doing this? 

As far as the profiling problem - I wasn't thinking this would have any affect there - but the views thing we should be able to get working.

xnappo

thefranklin

Just to add, I have gotten this on Amazon Fire TV and on an Android phone.  I was running xbmb3c on both.  It has happened with different skins (Confluence, Confluence xbmb3, Eminence) but I have enough other problems to bug these guys about :) 

Thanks,

PS: Dark Slayer, I think you just need faster RAM.

xnappo

@@thefranklin - which error - you cannot use setviews at all, or you do but it says the skin does not support the feature?

Thanks,

xnappo

dark_slayer

Next to impossible to looking into any of these reports unless we have log files.

A description of the actual problem would also help.

Might be a good idea to throw up a post about submitting issues.

Hey null_pointer

I was trying to put up performance profiling logs but couldn't get any library loads to complete with it enabled

I did put a pastebin link of my xbmc log with xbmb3c set to info

Xnappo pointed out the relation to running this on osx

Since I was only testing in osx (w/ really fast RAM and ssd :P ) I left it alone, but would be glad to help out if others actually try to use osx for a daily driver

Switched to testing on my openelec Intel box and xnappos nox skin, and I have no issue setting views . . . haven't tried windows or arm

xnappo

Well, that would require someone with access to OSX like you :) I know what I want to try to fix it, will post here Tuesday when I am back in town. It is easy to fix but I have been on holiday.

xnappo

dark_slayer

Sure thing. I'll check back and test it out (though I'll be out of town then :) hopefully it works remotely - I have it working through my ddns with the android app)