Ripping BDs with PiP tracks to mkv

rblu19

rblu19

Is anyone aware of a way to rip a Blu-ray disc to mkv, and have a pip track be selectable to play? Makemkv does the regular movie twice (with one of the files having the pip audio available), and I've been unable to get clownbd to work at all. Does anyone have any ideas? I'd be open to ripping the regular movie with makemkv, and the pip track with something else and then muxing them together, should that be necessary. Obviously, all in one solutions are generally preferred, though.

Thanks in advance.

aspdend

AFAIK, features like PiP are java based and are only accessible and controllable from a full disc Blu-ray backup, not from within an .MKV...

rblu19

Yeah, I realize now I was being really vague - I wasn't talking about true PiP, mainly that programs like Another EAC3to GUI (figured I'd name the programs, in case anyone coming after me feels like trying) could rip the pip video as a separate video, and then since mkv can hold separate video and audio tracks, put the pip video (burned into a copy of the main video) and pip audio as two extra options.

Since I've figured it out on my own, making this mainly a waste (and I don't know how to delete it), I'll turn it into a sort of guide. Mods, if you'd rather delete it, that's fine.

Method is this so far (will edit post and update once more steps become clear):

1) use Another EAC3to GUI to rip stream that contains movie. Stream will contain pip video and pip audio as secondary streams. Once this is all ripped, you will see that the pip video is its own video

2) use secondary program (video editor of some kind?) to place pip video in small pip window in main video. Anyone who knows of any such program (preferably free, although not a requirement if difficult/impossible to find), your help would be greatly appreciated. - this is mainly the part that I haven't figured out

3) once new video is made with pip put into main movie in proper format, mux pip video/audio into mkv with main movie, most likely taking care to differentiate tracks. I use mkvmerge for this - easy, and allows naming of the tracks, setting defaults, etc.

Now, I don't know if mb theater (which is the program I use) allows selection of video tracks yet like it does audio/subtitle tracks, but it's good to have everything setup in the meantime, should that become available in a future update.