"Refresh metadata" crashing

grl

How is it "the fourth folder ("notaccessibledemofolder") is visible but NOT accessible to emby."? 

This to me would seem semi appropriate to stop if this is just in reference to creating a collection and not a library scan where you would want it to continue.

Collections are smaller entities and maybe should be an all or nothing proposition. This makes it easy to diagnose/find issues but this is something Luke will need to comment on as I'm not sure what the intention is.  With library scans it will continue on error which makes sense.

But can you explain the thing I quoted above so we better understand this?

Happy2Play

So you are saying content from within said library blocks scanning and populating other item within the library folder, correct?

The error in the first post does not make much since as "path: /media/INET" is not "path '/media/01".

But it sounds like you need to use a ".ignore" file if you do not want said folder in Emby instead of how every your are attempting to block it from Emby.

But to me this topic is really hard to interpret the overall issue.

• Like 1

On 2/1/2021 at 12:16 AM, cayars said:

How is it "the fourth folder ("notaccessibledemofolder") is visible but NOT accessible to emby."?

e.g. by setting chmod 744 and and owner that is not the owner of the emby process. Then it will be visible but not accessible.

On 2/1/2021 at 12:43 AM, Happy2Play said:

But it sounds like you need to use a ".ignore" file if you do not want said folder in Emby instead of how every your are attempting to block it from Emby.

which will NOT solve the problem.

Imagine a networked environment. The folder the emby collection files are stored in is accessible by others too - e.g. a backup-process or just plain file sharing.

Then you will NOT know when said folder will appear because the other process created it - just your files will not appear in the  emby collection.

On 2/1/2021 at 12:43 AM, Happy2Play said:

The error in the first post does not make much since as "path: /media/INET" is not "path '/media/01"

As said earlier the directory names contain sensible information so I had to change the log and forgot to change the first appearance.

This is why I added a complete example with a especially created collection later on....

The ONLY solution (and everything else is a bug in emby in my opinion) is that emby will just ignore problematic folders/files and proceed with the next one.

So here is my weekly question: Any news on that topic?

L.

Yes we've seen this reported before and from our investigation appears to be an issue in the .net core runtime. We'll be updating it in the near future to a new version and we'll see if that might help with this.

2 minutes ago, Luke said:

Yes we've seen this reported before and from our investigation appears to be an issue in the .net core runtime. We'll be updating it in the near future to a new version and we'll see if that might help with this.

Perfect, looking forward to the next updates then. Already have one issue in the cue that seems to be fixed in testing version....

Thanks

L.