Series recording channel selection method?

Dan_Austin

Dan_Austin

My cable provide has failed repeatedly to get their head-end setup properly for the "local" CW.  I've given up asking them to put me through to an engineer who will understand when I say to them 'You're converting their HD feed in a cropped SD"

So I added Locast for that one channel.  I edited the station name match what is on the Cable provider, with the hope that since the Locast programs are marked as HD that they would be preferred to the cable channel.  The first of the new shows starts tonight and is showing as scheduled to record from the cable channel.

SO my question is, when a series is scheduled to record form 'My Channel', can I edit the metadata channel name to use a different source, or is the Series Setting for 'Channels' using 'My Channel' pointing to a unique ID that altering the metadata does not effect.  I'd rather not delete and re-add all series on that channel, but will understand if that is the only way forward...

SO my question is, when a series is scheduled to record form 'My Channel', can I edit the metadata channel name to use a different source, or is the Series Setting for 'Channels' using 'My Channel' pointing to a unique ID that altering the metadata does not effect.

Hi, it's a unique id, so renaming channels won't do what you're trying to accomplish. We should probably expand on this to allow you to select multiple eligible channels.

Dan_Austin

Multiple channel selection would work, since that mechanism would also likely let me set the new channel and unset the old.

One oddity, which likely isn't worth checking, is that after setting the series to all channels and restarting Emby, is still  preferred the SD version over an HD version.  Both were listed at the same time in the guide.  And I say oddity as I thought I read that the episode scheduler would give priority to HD over SD.

Any reason why you can't set the series to record from any channel then remove the cable channel from you lineup forcing it to use the locast version?

Dan_Austin

That would likely work.  I do prefer to be precise in my settings, but as a stopgap this would be fine. 

Most of the shows impacted will be premiering in the next three weeks, so I can also just watch the guide, and as soon as they appear, delete the old series and add a new one.  When/if the cable co fixes this channel, I can always go back.

• Like 1