Some misc. newbe questions about latest web client...

MKANET

MKANET

A few questions (I thought I'd group together in one post):

1.  Is there a way to prevent specific libraries from showing up in the "Latest Media" view?  Alternatively, I wouldn't mind just hiding the `Latest Media` view completely, if possible.

2.  I've Enabled Theme Songs and Enabled Backdrops options in the WebClient settings.  However, these settings have no effect on the web client (when the respective plugins are installed).  Are these intended features that will be available in the web client?  I know that the plugins themselves dont mention the webclient as a supported client currently; but, thought maybe these settings are intended for a near future release.

3.  I'm trying to understand what the "Photos" view does on the Webclient. Is it not implemented fully yet?  Maybe there's something I'm not clicking right.  All I want to do is flip through the photos (fullscreen browser window or completely fullscreen).  Ideally, I'd like to just provide a username/password and web URL (of my server) to my close family and friends so they can remotely flip through our picture albums.  It really wouldn't be feasible to ask them to install and configure a full blown client like MB Theater PC just to view the picture album.  The only clients I'll probably end up only using are the Web-client for all my PC's and Android client for my portable devices.

Edited by MKANET

Vidman

For num 2 those settings are for the web client... How ever you must have metadata for it to work... The plugins will attempt to automatically download this metadata if it is available online... Or you can add it yourself via the web client metadata editor

MKANET

Thanks for the reply Vidman.  I think I have an issue...

I downloaded and installed the TV Theme Plugin.  Is there something specific I need to do in addition to do doing that?  I have 13 different popular TV shows; however, the TV Theme Song and TV Theme Video plugins haven't downloaded anything.  I know this because the plugin filter doesn't detect any items to filter currently.  I did check metadata settings for TV shows.  I saw a backdrop metadata item; which could be enabled/disabled.  However, I didn't anything for theme music.

Did these plugins not get installed correctly?  Maybe, I need to reinstall them?  If there's a log file I need to look at, maybe someone could tell me which one it is.

Tharnax

1. Click on your user profile, "person" icon in the top right hand corner.  Click "My Preferences".  Click on WebClient - make appropriate changes to the Home page sections as preferred.

2. Have you checked to see if the Plug-in has had the opportunity to download any TV Theme Songs or TV Theme Videos?  In the MB3 Server Settings, click on Plug-ins, click on either TV Theme Songs or TV Theme Videos.  Under the "Downloads Filter" see if any shows are listed here.  If no shows are listed then the plug-in hasn't downloaded any content yet.  If some shows are listed then these are the Shows the Plug-in has found content for.

3. MB3 Photo has not been completely implemented yet.  The functionality to "see" photos has been added but there isn't a lot you can do with them at the moment.  This will be address in the futures as developer time permits.

Vidman

Thanks for the reply Vidman. I think I have an issue...

I downloaded and installed the TV Theme Plugin. Is there something specific I need to do in addition to do doing that? I have 13 different popular TV shows; however, the TV Theme Song and TV Theme Video plugins haven't downloaded anything. I know this because the plugin filter doesn't detect any items to filter currently. I did check metadata settings for TV shows. I saw a backdrop metadata item; which could be enabled/disabled. However, I didn't anything for theme music.

Did these plugins not get installed correctly? Maybe, I need to reinstall them? If there's a log file I need to look at, maybe someone could tell me which one it is.

if you go into advanced settings in the web client and click on scheduled tasks , you can then run these plugins manually and also set the schedule for each one in regards to how often the plugin should run to check for new theme songs etc to download Edited by Vidman

MKANET

After I donated for both MB3 and the plugins; the following night's scheduled event to download the TV Theme songs worked this time!  Now, TV Theme music plays on both my Web Client and Android Client.  I'm guessing maybe I didn't have any TV shows that started with the letter "A" during the free trial period.  I'm glad that I got this working now.

BTW:  It would be great to also have animated video/audio TV Theme backdops on both the Android and Web Clients.