Save metadata as movie.xml

Spaceboy

Spaceboy

Hi, simple question I hope. Once you've used the identify function for movies or tv is it possible to save the metadata externally as a movie.xml? I'd like to do it by item following the identify as above and also for the whole library or parts of the library, is this possible?

Cheers

it already does, based on your metadata settings. if by external you mean some alternate location, then no.

Spaceboy

No, same location as the media. I just had the identify the us version of the bridge but it hasn't saved any xmls. Save artwork and meta data into media folders is ticked and xmls were created during the original library scan. Is there somewhere else I need to look?

Spaceboy

Sorry, hopefully I've done my 3rd stupid mistake of the day and that's it now. I did have the settings I set out below, and previously I had the detail ticked for saving external metadata for each media type but on this run I'd left them off.

Spaceboy

Ok I think the question still stands, I switched on save local metadata for all media types and refreshed the library but no xmls have been created, what else do I need to do?