Automatic User Disable

Misinthe
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

Misinthe

Hello everyone, I was just wondering if there's a way to set a date and time for a user to be disabled automatically without having to go back and do it manually?

Thank you,

Misinthe
6 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi, no, there's currently no way to do this.

Oh man, okay. Might be a nice feature for a future release! That way we can set a time and date when it gets disabled in the future. 

On 1/16/2021 at 8:34 PM, Misinthe said:

Oh man, okay. Might be a nice feature for a future release! That way we can set a time and date when it gets disabled in the future. 

What would be the purpose of this?

Happy2Play

Only one reason I can think of, customers to said server.

Now I would agree with say a automatically disable a user for say 3 failed password attempts.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Misinthe
On 18/01/2021 at 16:20, cayars said:

What would be the purpose of this?

On 18/01/2021 at 16:43, Happy2Play said:

Only one reason I can think of, customers to said server.

Now I would agree with say a automatically disable a user for say 3 failed password attempts.

Not really, I was sharing something with some family members but I only wanted them to be able to access it for a certain amount of time. It would be nice to set that. Also, it would be awesome to have like scheduled access, like for kids, when you don't want them accessing it during school hours and such.

pwhodges
7 hours ago, Misinthe said:

it would be awesome to have like scheduled access, like for kids, when you don't want them accessing it during school hours and such.

Access days and times can be controlled in the Access Schedule at the bottom of the Parental Control tab of the user details.  But note that this controls starting things - material playing when the allowed period ends does not get stopped, I believe.

Paul

• 2 years later...
rawzef

I am using emby for my students, so they can rewatch class materials like exercices of chemistry and their reaction until a certain period of time, it would be so nice if I can set it time to deactivate the accounts, because I have to go at midnight and deactivate it one by one. But the deactivation must be for a certain folder, groups collection however emby want to categorize it. My sleep time would thank you very very much! :P

Misinthe
2 hours ago, rawzef said:

I am using emby for my students, so they can rewatch class materials like exercices of chemistry and their reaction until a certain period of time, it would be so nice if I can set it time to deactivate the accounts, because I have to go at midnight and deactivate it one by one. But the deactivation must be for a certain folder, groups collection however emby want to categorize it. My sleep time would thank you very very much! :P

Haha, man, 2 years later... Still waiting for it!

seanbuff
2 hours ago, rawzef said:

But the deactivation must be for a certain folder, groups collection however emby want to categorize it

But the way I read this, it is not the same as OP's request. You're asking for specific Library Access to deactivate on a certain schedule.

OP's request is to completely deactivate an account on a schedule.

Is that right?

Misinthe
10 hours ago, seanbuff said:

But the way I read this, it is not the same as OP's request. You're asking for specific Library Access to deactivate on a certain schedule.

OP's request is to completely deactivate an account on a schedule.

Is that right?

That way would work for me also, since I could just schedule deactivation for the folders instead of the whole account.