Sub domain not working but ip is...

judgey

Q-Droid

Are you specifying host and port when setting up the server in the apps? You should be using 443 for the public port.  At the beginning of this thread I pointed out that you have redirects defined in the global section of the nginx proxy config. One of them is to enforce HTTPS connections, redirect from 80 to 443.

I still suspect those two entries could be causing you problems but since I don't use reverse proxy in my setup I don't have any evidence for you or a place to test.

Yer using port 443 mate, i really dont understand it all thought i had sorted it yesterday but did not think to try other devices than my phone.

But thanks loads man u tried :) im just not pro enough yet but one day!

Sorry one last comment... If I type envy.domain.com it works but if I do emby.domain.com it won't work. 

Edit any sub domain works just not the one I'm trying to use, plus the sub domains I'm using are not even setup anywhere on my side

Edited by judgey

Q-Droid

It means that a wildcard domain record is in place, by default or not, so that any subdomain without its own DNS record will resolve to your primary domain address. Also, since the name doesn't match the one configured for proxy it could be bypassing some of the rules and that may be the reason it works.

You should be able to use just about the same procedure with Emby. A lot of people here are running Cloudfare.

Got it working but i feel a bit like a dick...

Without CF i can use emby.domain.com with CF i have to use https emby.domain.com in app

Edited by judgey