Chapters not being created for newly added movies

Happy2Play
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

Happy2Play

Do you have extract chapter images checked for movies? Dashboard-Metadata-Advanced-Chapters

RickyPotter

Just double checked and yes that is checked.  

Its been working fine up until a few days ago and then when I add a new movie to my library it does everything I expect except for chapters...

Is there a way to force creation of chapters?

• Solution

don't ever take the advice of someone who tells you to delete a database file. if you deleted the chapters db file you're going to have to refresh metadata manually from the metadata manager to get them back.

• Like 1

RickyPotter

Thanks Luke, I hadn't thought to to use the metadata manager, advanced refresh and it's pulled through the scenes, brilliant!

I copied the db before I removed it and when that didn't work I replaced the original and all seemed to be as was.  Going forward will I have to manually refresh each movie I add, or will the next update resolve this issue?  Would prefer not to reinstall as I've got things how I like them.

Thanks again

there's no issue to fix here. that database is not designed to be deleted and automagically recreate itself. we've designed the server so that everything can be done within the web interface, so i would just stick to that. 

RickyPotter

Sorry what I meant was will the scheduled task kick back in or I have I stuffed that by tinkering with the DB and have to manually do it from now on? Just imported a new movie and run the chapter image extraction task and it didn't load them.

That all said, I've been using Meta<Browser> to manage my metadata for sometime and had therefore overlooked this functionality in MB3, I have to say at first glance it does everything I expect and more, really impressed!  Will defiantly try the Metadata Manager moving forward.

Thanks again for your support.

the scheduled works with metadata that has been previously fetched in order to create images. you've gone and deleted that metadata so now it needs to be restored.

He said he restored his db from a backup.  The main question is why did it stop generating images in the first place.

right, sorry. if it happens again then just post a server log from when the content was first added to your library.

RickyPotter

Hi,

Just getting to grips with MB3 (love it!) but chapters seem to have stopped being created for movies I have recently added.

I've tried the usual, restarts, updates, re run chapter image extraction, delete the chapter DB but to no avail.

This also means that I can't scroll forward or backwards through a movie which is a little frustrating.

What am I missing?  Any advice greatly appreciated.

post-5040-0-36199300-1407264547_thumb.jpg

post-5040-0-75389300-1407264547_thumb.jpg

post-5040-0-31503300-1407264548_thumb.jpg

post-5040-0-71997600-1407264686_thumb.jpg

Server Version: 3.0.5326.13255

Client: MediaBrowser Classic 3.0.196.0 7-19.1

Win 8.1 Pro x64