Collections and Auto Box Sets Corruption?

RupsEmby

RupsEmby

Hi, i was wondering if someone could suggest a way of fixing my Collections which seem to have got corrupted. I have tried refreshing Metadata and scanning library files but new movies are not added to new Collections or previously created collected with Auto Box set plugin.

Example: I had Spiderman Collection but i deleted Spiderman 2 version i had and replaced it with a better version. Spiderman 1 and 3 appeared in collection but Spiderman 2 never reappeared after new library scan. Spiderman 2 does appear in movies though.

I have deleted Spiderman collection from collections and tried Refreshing Auto Box Sets again but doesn't reappear. Is there an easy way of easily getting all my collections up to date without going through all my collection folders and seeing which ones are correct, which ones are not and which ones are not there at all etc?

Also, recently i have seen multiple 'Collections' folders appear on dashboard and i have to delete the one with generic image. Both folders hold same amount of collections and are identical. Looking through the forums it seems others have had problems similar to me. Should I 'vacuum my databases' like Luke suggested in other forum post?

collection 1.jpg

collection 2.jpg

RupsEmby

I have followed the guide and all setup 100%. I have checked Spiderman movies and all 3 have same Collection id. Auto boxset not creating a movie collection of these movies after movies were updated. Like i said, it was in Collection but after amendments no longer gets added. I am wondering if auto boxsets need reseting so all can be scanned again.

Happy2Play

Are the correct paths in the collection.xml in \programdata\data\collections\Spider-Man Collection [boxset].  Path will be different on Synology.  But you can see your programdata path in your server log somthing like \volume1\Emby.

Have you tried deleting the collection if existing in UI or folder above, removing all items for said collection from the currrent library, doing a library scan to ensure they no longer exist in library, then readding this items?

RupsEmby

I have deleted 'Spider-Man Collection [boxset]' from \volume1\Emby\data\collections which only had Spider-man 1 and 3 thinking once i do a rescan of movies library the collection will get re-added and all 3 movies will be added once i 'Refresh Box Sets'. I don't want to create the library manually and add all 3 movies as it worked before just confused what has gone wrong. Assume some of my other movie sets may be wrong too.

folders.jpg

RupsEmby

After deleting Collections library and uninstalling Auto box set plugin i stopped server and ran 'VacuumDatabaseOnStartup to true' in system.xml. Deleted manually collections from '\volume1\Emby\data\collections' then restarted server. Scanned all libraries then reinstalled Auto box set plugin which brought Spider-man collection back and other collections. All seems fine now but has not picked up some of my previous collections after cross referencing a backup i made. Tried running refreshing box sets again but made no difference. I checked on movies if collection id were identical and they were so without manually creating a collection not sure how else to add them as a collection.

Yes you can try that. Collections are getting completely reworked in the upcoming 4.6 server release so I don't think this will happen anymore once that is released. Thanks.

RupsEmby

That's great news Luke. Shall i just leave Collections as they are and once 4.6 server is released try again to get all collections up to date?