4k direct play issue

mantys

Hi

I have an issue with some 4k movies in direct play mode. To be more specific,one movie has 34 kbps bitrate and the other 18,5. When i try to play the 34kbps movie and choose ac3 audio and external (srt) subtitles, emby app plays it on direct mode BUT with a lot pauses. It seems that it struggles. The weird thing is that when i choose ac3 audio and any of the pgs embedded subtitles then it goes to direct stream and playpack goes flawlessly. No problem at all! Another weird thing with this specific movie, is the time that video starts having issues.Movie playback starts with no problem ,sound has no problem either BUT when an actor speaks then it starts having problems. I tested it several times and it does it at that specific point.Every time!! After that i continued watching the movie and i noticed this every time an actor was speaking.I mean that, when there is only the music nothing happens but when a dialogue takes place, image starts having problem .

The other movie that i have issues with(the one with the 18.5 bitrate) it just starts struggling from the first minute on direct play mode and goes flawlessly on direct stream.

The thing is that i dont have that kind of issues with the other 4k movies.Most of the have 5 to 20kbps.

Emby tizen app: 1.0.88 (samsung QE49Q7FAM)

Emby server version(thecus n4800): 4.6.0.10 beta

The photos and log attached are from the 34kbps movie on direct play.The log file also

Thanks in advance

IMAG2773.jpg

IMAG2774.jpg

embyserver1.txt

Edited by mantys

Hi, typically this means the network just can't keep up. You could try reducing the in-app quality setting to force server transcoding and see if that helps.