Settings Theme

x2desmit
Go to solution Solved by Happy2Play,

x2desmit

I've  had a problem for  a while now  with the Settings Theme maintaining it's settings. I'll set the theme to Dark or anything else and it will go back to the Light theme. The same is true of the 'Screen Saver' setting and 'Enable Backdrops'.

I attached a screenshot of the affected settings.

I'm running this through several different browsers on multiple computers and the behaviour is the same. Running this on Debian Linux with Firefox, Safari, Chrome, Brave, MS Edge all exhibiting this weirdness.

Also, if you think this belongs on the Linux forum, please feel free to move it.

Thanks!

Untitled 41.jpg

Ok, the theme settings are per-device settings, so they'll only apply to the specific app or browser that you set them in.

x2desmit

So the fact that I get a lot of browsers showing in Devices could be the problem?  All of  these Firefox devices are the same browser on the same computer.

Not sure what causes them to duplicate. Never thought about the correlation between deleting old ones had anything to do with when themes  would always  reset.

If  I don't  clean this section up, it will fill with dozens upon dozens of devices.

Untitled121232.jpg

• Solution
Happy2Play

Is your browser cache/history being clear or you have a program doing it for you? 

The themes are reset to default settings every time cache is cleared as this setting is a client setting not a global setting.  

I am guessing but the same could be happening in devices as Emby would think it is a new device every time the other is cleared.

x2desmit

This is probably the root of the problem. Firefox and other browser are set to delete everything when the browser closes.

This makes sense. Frustrating, but it makes  sense. 🙂

Thanks for the help!!

Yea many of the user settings are kept on the server so that they can be shared across devices, but themes are the kind of thing you might want to vary depending on device, screen, location, etc.